|Kjeld Nuis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1989|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Kjeld Nuis is a Dutch speed skater who is widely known for having specialized in the middle distances of 1000 and 1500 meters. He has been the winner of multiple championships including bagging the gold medal in the 1500 m and 1000 m events at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Nuis has garnered more than 160k followers on Instagram.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Jill Lauren de Robles (2014-2018) – From 2014 until the end of 2018, he had been in a relationship with Miss Nederland World 2011, Jill Lauren de Robles. The pair have a son together named Jax (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Beard and mustache
- Tattoos on his body
- Dimpled smile
He has been sponsored by Red Bull.
Kjeld Nuis Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Foodmaker
Source – Instagram
Kjeld Nuis Facts
- In Savalen, Norway on March 17, 2022, he had set a new world speed skating record of going 103 kilometers per hour.
- On December 19, 2018, Nuis was declared to be “Dutch Sportsman of the Year 2018” at the NOC NSF Sports Gala.
- Nuis has stated that at the age of 3, he had got captivated by the television images of skating. He had started to imitate the European champion of the time. His parents have informed him that they had bought him skates and began living near a golf course with a ditch around it, on which he would go cruising in circles. At the age of 7, he had registered and started taking part in competitions.
- He has recalled that during his youth, he had not only focused on speed skating but actively pursued snowboarding, breakdancing, mountain biking, rollerblading, as well as weightlifting.
- Nuis has seen that when riding a motorcycle, he has gone full throttle and has not been able to control himself. Then at a traffic light, he felt weak. He has thought of the consequences if things went wrong and even after buying a motorcycle, had sold it after the arrival of his son.
- Kjeld has revealed that he has believed that he was able to win gold medals as a result of a combination of talent, luck, and perseverance. He has thought talent to have something to do with success but has been aware of setbacks he had. He has remembered coming to a time when he had to make choices. After missing two games, he had the option of either thinking he would give up or that he would continue. At that moment, he found perseverance to have weighed heavily.
- Nuis has recollected that he had been thrilled to have skated 93 km/hour behind a car with an aero shield also having been surprised at how hard it was. He had wanted to go faster, and even did so, to the point where his skates would begin to vibrate. He would only notice how sickly he was going when he came next to the aero shield.
- Kjeld had a memorable experience flying in a stunt plane where he had been full upside down.
Featured Image by Kjeld Nuis / Instagram