|Kontra K Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1987|
Kontra K is a German rapper, boxing coach, video director, record label owner, and combat sportsman. He has released studio albums such as Dobermann (2010), Was die Zeit bringt (2012), 12 Runden (2013), Aus dem Schatten ins Licht (2015), Labyrinth (2016), Gute Nacht (2017), Erde & Knochen (2018), and Sie wollten Wasser doch kriegen Benzin (2019).
He dropped out of high school at the age of 16.
Rapper, Boxing Coach, Video Director, Combat Sportsman, Record Label Owner
Kontra K is represented by –
- Four Artists (Booking) in Berlin, Germany
- Das Machine (Publicist) in Berlin, Germany
Hip-Hop/Rap, German Hip-Hop, Gangsta Rap, Dubstep
- Hell Raisa Records
- DePeKa Records
- Four Music
- BMG Rights Management
- Tag1er Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kontra K has kept his relationship history away from the spotlight but revealed he has a son born in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Almost completely tattooed body
He has endorsed brands such as Loyal Athletics and Nike Epic React Flyknit running shoes.
Kontra K Facts
- At the age of 16, he discovered a love for hip-hop and started emulating his idols, The Notorious B.I.G, Tupac Shakur, and Nas. He also started training kickboxing around that time.
- In 2006, he formed a rap duo named KiezSpezial with rapper Vollkontakt. They were subsequently discovered by a record label owner named Kaisa and singed to his Hell Raisa Records.
- He created a majority of his music in collaboration with a record producer named The Cratez, also from Berlin, Germany.
- He admitted to being a troublemaker when he was 20 years old and described himself and his friends as “little hyenas.”
- The label he was signed to, Hell Raisa Records, dissolved in 2010. It forced him and 2 rappers who were also signed, Skinny Al and Fatal, to create their own and name it DePeKa Records.
- Kontra K released an EP album titled Auf Teufel komm raus (2013) in collaboration with Bonez MC and a solo EP album titled Wölfe (2014).
- He initially marketed himself as a gangsta rapper with a penchant for martial arts and promoted a brutal image. Around 2015, he moved away from it and his lyrics focused on topics such as martial arts and sports in general.
- In 2016, Kontra K gave a controversial interview, stating that the word “gay” is an insult in the language of youth. He also added that being gay is not genetic.
- Kontra K is known for his collaborations with rappers Big Flexx, Ssio, Bausa, Blokkmonsta, Karate Andi, Dirty Dasmo, RAF Camora, and Matthias Mania.
- He loves dangerous and exotic animals and has a tiger named Elsa. He has also spent time with a snake, bear, cheetah, wolf, elephant, fox, and a panther.
- Kontra K has also spent time with a llama and a tapir and has a dog named Tuko Salamanca a.k.a Biebermann.
- It wasn’t until 2018 when he received sponsorship for Nike shoes that he decided to focus solely on running. He prepared for his 1st half-marathon, scheduled for April 8, 2018, in Berlin, Germany. His goal was to finish in under 2 and a half hours.
- He always runs at night, because the streets are empty and the air is fresher.
- Kontra K rarely listens to music while working out. One of the questions he often gets is whether he listens to his music while working out in those rare moments. He picks an upbeat, motivational song, but not his own.
- He doesn’t like the concept of modern “beef” between rappers because he feels it is dishonest and used for promotional purposes only.
- Kontra K is very old-fashioned and stated that if he were to be thrown back through time to the 1920s, his current values would still hold firm.
- He drives a Mercedez-Benz car.
- Kontra K is more a realist than an optimist.
Featured Image by joergens.mi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0