|Richard Branson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1950|
Richard Branson is a British businessman, philanthropist, and author whose name is synonymous with business ventures like Virgin Records, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Atlantic, etc. He has more than 13 million followers on Twitter, more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Facebook, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Richard Charles Nicholas Branson
Blackheath, London, England, United Kingdom
Businessman, Philanthropist, Author
- Father – Edward Branson (Barrister)
- Mother – Eve Branson (Air Hostess)
- Siblings – Lindy Branson (Younger Sister), Vanessa Branson (Younger Sister)
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard has dated –
- Kristen Tomassi (1972-1979)
- Judy Huxtable
- Nikki Giavasis
- Joan Templeman (1978-Present) – The business tycoon married Joan Templeman on December 20, 1989. They welcomed son Sam Branson on August 12, 1985, and daughter Holly Branson on November 21, 1981. Their baby girl Clare Sarah Branson (b. 1979) sadly passed away 4 days after birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
He has English and some Scottish, German, Welsh, Indian, and Irish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned gray due to his advanced age.
His signature goatee
Richard Branson Favorite Things
- Books – Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela, An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore, The Revenge of Gaia by James Lovelock
- Hobby – Kitesurfing
Source – Wikipedia, JourneysToCome.com
Richard Branson Facts
- His record label Virgin Records is popular for signing the likes of [email protected] Pistols, The Rolling Stones, George Michael, Janet Jackson, etc.
- His nephew Ned RocknRoll (aka Edward Abel Smith) got married to Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet in December 2012.
- Richard is dyslexic.
- In 1998, he had a cameo in the season 4 episode of Friends called ‘The One With Ross’s Wedding Part 2’.
- Branson received a knighthood for his services to entrepreneurship at Queen Elizabeth‘s New Year Honours List in 2000.
- On July 1, 2021, Richard’s company Virgin Galactic announced that on July 11, 2021, a test flight would be going to space carrying Richard and 5 other people for nearly 10 minutes.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0