|Koryn Hawthorne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Koryn Hawthorne is an American singer who first came into the spotlight in 2015 when she had reached the final of the 8th season of the popular competition-based singing reality TV series The Voice. She had finished the season in the 4th place and was soon after contracted by RCA Inspiration, a division of Sony Music that is dedicated to gospel music recordings, a genre that is one of her fortes. Her first solo studio album titled Unstoppable was released in July 2018, sold more than 100k copies, and had earned her 2 Grammy nominations in the category of ‘Best Gospel Performance/Song’ – for the track Won’t He Do It in 2019 and Speak the Name in 2020. The lead single from the album, Won’t He Do It, was certified ‘Gold’ by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) and had peaked at number 1 in the US Gospel, the Gospel Digital, and the Gospel Airplay charts. The title track, Unstoppable, had also peaked within the ‘Top 5’ of all 3 of those charts. Her 2nd album called I AM was launched in September 2020. She had also released an EP titled Koryn Hawthorne – EP, in August 2017.
Koryn Mattanah Hawthorne
Abbeville, Vermilion Parish, Louisiana, United States
Louisiana, United States
Koryn had graduated, in May 2016, from the Lighthouse Christian Preparatory High School in her hometown of Abbeville.
- Father – Corey Hawthorne
- Mother – Summers Dozier-Simon
- Siblings – She has an older brother and 2 sisters.
She is represented by –
- Summers Dozier-Simon, General Manager, Louisiana, United States
- Tamone Bacon, PR Agent, Sony Music Entertainment, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
- Seth Malasky, Booking Agent (Worldwide except for Europe), Paradigm Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States
Contemporary Christian music, Gospel, Soul, R&B, Pop
- RCA Inspiration
- PolyGram Records
- Republic Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, dense, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Plump lips
- Radiant face
Koryn Hawthorne Facts
- She had started performing gospel music when she was 9 years old and had joined an organization known as Louisiana Kids, through which she would compete against other kids from her state in local events.
- In her teens, she used to perform at local nursing homes, churches, and charitable events. She had also worked in a part-time job at the local outlet of Little Caesars, a pizza chain in the United States.
- For the lead single from her debut album Unstoppable (2018), titled Won’t He Do It, she had won the ‘Top Gospel Song’ award at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, ‘Contemporary Gospel/Urban Recorded Song of the Year’ at the 2018 GMA Dove Awards, and the ‘Music Video of the Year’ award at the 2019 Stellar Gospel Music Awards.
- For the album itself, she had won the ‘Contemporary Gospel Album of the Year’ award at the 2019 GMA Dove Awards and the ‘Outstanding Gospel Album (Traditional or Contemporary)’ award at the 2019 NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Image Awards.
Featured Image by Koryn Hawthorne / Instagram