|Kristin Russo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1980|
Kristin Russo is an American author, public speaker, and LGBTQ activist who is best known as the CEO and editor-in-chief of Everyone Is Gay and My Kid Is Gay, organizations that provide advice and guidance to LGBTQ youth and their families. In 2014, she had co-authored a book titled This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids. She has had extensive experience of speaking on topics such as creating equitable and safe workspaces and parenting LGBTQ children at school and college campuses, community centers, universities, and organizations like Bloomberg, Genpact, and Tumblr. She has written essays and articles for outlets like Time, Cosmopolitan, BuzzFeed, The Advocate, and Autostraddle. She has also co-directed a queer adult sleep-away camp called A-Camp which has been hosted by Autostraddle, an independently owned online magazine and social network for LGBTQ and non-binary people.
New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Kristin had attended the Guilderland High School, a public senior school, in Guilderland Center, New York. After her high school graduation, she had joined the Marymount Manhattan College, a private liberal arts college in New York City. She had graduated from there in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre.
In 2012, she had earned a Masters of Arts degree in gender studies from The Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York, a public research institution and post-graduate university in New York City.
Author, Public Speaker, LGBTQ Activist
- Mother – Rose Russo
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kristin has dated –
- Jenny Owen Youngs (2013–2018) – Kristin had married singer-songwriter Jenny Owen Youngs on August 25, 2013. Jenny had come out publicly as a lesbian on June 12, 2013, announcing that she was engaged to marry Kristin. In September 2016, they had launched a podcast called Buffering The Vampire Slayer where they used to discuss the popular TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode by episode, ending each podcast with an original recap song about the episode, co-written by them. After nearly 5 years of wedlock, on May 25, 2018, the couple had announced that they were parting ways but would continue to remain friends and keep working on their mutual projects.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
Kristin Russo Facts
- In 2015, Kristin had hosted and produced First Person, a digital video series that interviewed individuals from the LGBTQ community.
- in February 2016, she had started a video series titled Everyone Is Gay that was hosted on YouTube and also broadcast live on Facebook. In a segment called Getting In Bed with Kristin, she would answer viewers’ queries and speak with notable guests from the LGBTQ community on a variety of issues.
- In July 2019, she had launched a podcast called The Boiler Room, with writer and podcaster Joanna Robinson, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the teen drama TV series My So-Called Life.
Featured Image by Kristin Russo / Instagram