|Kwabs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kwabs is a British singer, songwriter, and TV personality. He started his career in 2011, but came to worldwide prominence with his hit single, Walk, released on October 5, 2014, via Atlantic Records UK. The single wasn’t a huge hit in the United Kingdom but reached number 1 on the iTunes Music chart.
Kwabena Sarkodee Adjepong
London, England, United Kingdom
Camberwell, South London, England, United Kingdom
He attended The Charter School in Dulwich, London, England, United Kingdom. He then enrolled in the Royal Academy of Music in London, England, United Kingdom, and studied Jazz.
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality
- Mother – Her maiden name is Adomah.
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
Kwabs is represented by –
- CODA Agency/Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Clerkenwell, London, England, United Kingdom
- We Are 333 (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
Electronica, Soul, R&B
Atlantic Records UK
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ghanaian descent.
- Tall height
- Wide nose
Kwabs Favorite Things
- Food – Falafel, Soup
- Song on Love + War (2015) – Perfect Ruin
- Singer – Donny Hathaway
Source – NBHAP.com, Facebook About, Twitter Bio
- His nickname is just a shortened version of his real name.
- He was born on a Tuesday.
- His mom moved from Ghana to the United Kingdom about 5 years before he was born.
- Kwabs was raised in Bermondsey, South London Borough of Southwark, England.
- He entered the foster care system at the age of 11 and spent the next 8 years there. Although he and his sister were sent to different families, they never separated.
- He grew up very open-minded and listened to everything. He feels soul, funk, jazz, and classical music shaped his artistry the most.
- Although music was always a part of his life, he realized he could become a singer when he sang “happy birthday” at friends’ parties.
- During his time at The Charter School, his music teacher, Mrs. Xanthe Sarr, suggested he try out for the National Youth Jazz Orchestra. Not only was he accepted, but he was also the lead singer for 4 years.
- Kwabs went to Ghana for the 1st time at the age of 22 and reconnected with the biological family on his maternal side.
- Kwabs was spotted and signed to Atlantic Records in 2012. He released his debut EP album titled Wrong or Right on February 4, 2014.
- His 2014 single, Walk, ended up on the soundtrack for the video game FIFA 15.
- Kwabs released his debut studio album, Love + War, on September 11, 2015.
- Kwabs liked a hook in the song Love and Affection by Joan Armatrading so much that he decided to sample it on a song Father Figure on his debut album. It was the only sample he used on the entire album.
- Kwabs admits he’s horrible at taking compliments. He always responds to them weirdly by saying: “Ah, cool, that’s cool” or something to that effect.
- As of May 2020, artists he’d like to collaborate with are Seinabo Sey, Erik Hassle, and Ne-Yo.
- He prefers listening to raw/live versions of songs by other artists since it represents the most captivating form of music for him.
- If Kwabs were to stop someone on the street and suggest an artist that person should listen to, he would suggest Will Heard who often collaborated with a band Rudimental.
- Artists that influenced him the most are Stevie Wonder, Ella Fitzgerald, and Aretha Franklin.
- Kwabs described his music genre as “ultimately soul but it’s music that throws back and forward”.
- He does not want to send a particular message through his music. He intentionally writes songs so that they can be interpreted differently, based on the listener.
- His voice type is baritone.
- He likes to drink chamomile tea.
- He prefers touring over making songs in the studio.
Featured Image by Pistenwolf / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0