|Kwak Dong-yeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kwak Dong-yeon is a South Korean actor, musician, and singer who originally served as the lead guitarist and vocalist of Kokoma Band (literally, “Little Kids’ Band”), a trainee band managed by FNC Entertainment. As an actor, he has been cast in shows and movies such as Never Twice, Love in the Moonlight, The Master of Revenge, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Splendid Politics, Baseball Girl, My Husband Got a Family, Vincenzo, Radio Romance, Doctor Detective, Inspiring Generation, Man of Will, Reunited Worlds, Misbehavior, Adolescence Medley, Gangnam Beauty, Pied Piper, Come Back Mister, Modern Farmer, Heung-boo: The Revolutionist, and Jang Ok-jung, Living by Love.
Daejeon, South Korea
Kwak Dong-yeon studied music at FNC Academy and has also taken acting lessons. Also, he graduated from Munrae Junior High School in February 2013 and graduated from the School of Performing Arts Seoul in February 2016.
Actor, Musician, Singer
- Mother – She died of an illness in February 2014.
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Kwak Dong-yeon has been signed with H& Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
Kwak Dong-yeon Facts
- He was 13 years old when he permanently shifted to Seoul to follow his dreams of pursuing a career as an artist.
- In 2012, Kwak Dong-yeon made his TV show debut by playing the character named Bang Jang-goon, Jung-bae and Go-ok’s son, in the family romantic comedy series My Husband Got a Family. This role won him the Korea Drama Award for “Best Young Actor” while he was also nominated for a KBS Drama Award for “Best Young Actor”.
- He brought to life the character of young Shin Jung-tae in the period romantic action drama series Inspiring Generation in 2014 and this role earned him a KBS Drama Award for “Best Young Actor” as well as a nomination in the same category at the 2014 Seoul International Youth Film Festival.
- Kwak Dong-yeon made his first theatrical film appearance as Yoo Jong-ki in the 2016 psychological thriller film Misbehavior.
- Alongside Park Bo-gum, Kim Yoo-jung, Jinyoung, and Chae Soo-bin, Kwak Dong-yeon co-starred as Kim Byung-yeon, a skilled swordsman and scholar who is also the Head of the Royal Guard of the Crown Prince’s palace, in the historical coming-of-age romantic-comedy series Love in the Moonlight in 2016. For this performance, he was nominated for KBS Drama Award and Korea Drama Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- He carried the Olympics flame for the 2018 Pyeongchang Games in Gokseong, South Jeolla province as part of the torch relay on November 27, 2017.
- He was cast as Nigel Bottom, a genius playwright who is also pure and passionate, in the Korean adaptation of the musical comedy Something Rotten! in 2020 and this performance got him nominated for a Korea Musical Award for “Rookie of the Year Award (Male)”.
- Kwak Dong-yeon has also appeared as a cast member on shows like Delicious Rendezvous, Everyone’s Kitchen, Animals, Cheongdam-dong 111, Our School of Life, and Let’s go! Real trip: Three Delicious Man.
Featured Image by Kwak Dong-yeon / Instagram