|Kyle Edmund Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1995|
Johannesburg, South Africa
Kyle attended Pocklington School and Beverley Grammar School in East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Steven Edmund (Managing Director of a building company)
- Mother – Denise Edmund (Housewife)
- Siblings – Kelly Edmund (Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
176 lbs or 80 kg
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
Blue eyes and blonde hair
Kyle is sponsored by Nike.
Best Known For
Being very promising player and for being a Davis Cup champion with the national team of Britain in 2015.
First Professional Tennis Match
Kyle had his Davis Cup debut in the 2015 Davis Cup finals against Belgium when he faced David Goffin. In the end, Edmund lost the match in five sets (2-3), but his national team managed to win the finals series with 3-1 in total.
Over the course of his career, Kyle switched between different coaches and coaching styles. He has been trained by –
- Richard Plews (2005-2008)
- John Black (2009-2011)
- Colin Beecher (2011-2014)
- Greg Rusedski (2013, 2014)
- James Trotman (2014-2015)
- Ryan Jones
Kyle Edmund Favorite Things
- Shot – Forehand
- Surface – Clay
- Tournament – Wimbledon
Source – ATP World Tour
Kyle Edmund Facts
- Edmund began his tennis career at the age of 10. He took classes at the David Lloyd Racquet and Fitness Club where he was coached by Richard Plews.
- Kyle was born in Johannesburg but shifted to Yorkshire when he was 3.
- Edmund’s hobbies are listening to music and playing golf. He also likes to follow Formula 1.
- He stated that if he didn’t make it as a tennis player, he would have been an F1 driver or cricket player.
- Kyle is an avid fan of English Premier League soccer team FC Liverpool.
- His childhood idols were all British tennis players and also the legendary tennis player (from Russia) Marat Safin.
- His parents spent a lot of money so their son can improve as a player. But, he commenced taking tennis coaching by chance.
- When Kyle was 13, he and his family shifted to Cannons in Hull where he began training with John Black.
- At the age of 17, Edmund started training at the Lawn Tennis Association’s National Training Center.
- In 2012, Kyle won his first junior Grand Slam title at the 2012 US Open. He competed in doubles together with Frederico Ferreira Silva.