|Larry Flynt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1942|
Larry Flynt was an American publisher, free speech activist, author, actor, and p*rnographer. He was the president of the Larry Flynt Publications (LFP) through which he produced magazines and s*xually graphic videos. He was best known as the founder and publisher of a monthly p*rnographic magazine, Hustler, starting in 1974.
Larry Claxton Flynt Jr.
Larry Flynt was born on November 1, 1942.
Larry died from heart failure at the age of 78 on February 10, 2021, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Lakeville, Kentucky, United States
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended Salyersville High School (later Magoffin County High School) until the 9th grade. At the age of 15, he left school and joined the United States Army using a forged birth certificate.
Publisher, Actor, P*rnographer, Free Speech Activist, Author
- Father – Larry Claxton Flynt Sr. (Sharecropper, United States Army Member, WWII Veteran)
- Mother – Edith (née Arnett) Flynt (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Judy (Younger Sister) (Passed away from leukemia in 1951), Jimmy Ray Flynt (Younger Brother)
- Others – Sean Berrios (Brother-in-Law) (Custodian of Records), Jimmy Flynt II (Nephew) (P*rnographer), Dustin Flynt (Nephew) (P*rnographer)
Larry Flynt was represented by Hustler Video (Company) in Chatsworth, California, United States.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
115 kg or 253.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Larry Flynt had dated –
- Annette Heinz
- Suze Randall
- Jeanna Fine
- Mary Flynt (1961-1965)
- Peggy (née Mathis) Flynt (1966-1969)
- Kathleen “Kathy” (née M. Barr) Flynt (1970-1975)
- Althea Leasure (1971-1987) – He married Althea Leasure, a former go-go dancer, and publisher, editor, manager of Hustler, on August 21, 1976, after 5 years of dating. Their marriage ended on June 27, 1987, with her death by drowning in the bathtub.
- Elizabeth “Liz” (née Berrios) Flynt (1998-2021) – He married Elizabeth Berrios on June 20, 1998. The couple stayed together until Larry’s death.
Note: Larry had 5 children – 4 daughters and a son. One of his daughters, Lisa Flynt-Fugate, died in a car crash in October 2014 at the age of 47. Larry disowned his oldest daughter, Tonya Flynt-Vega, who became a Christian anti-p*rnography activist and accused him of s*xually abusing her as a child. Larry passed a polygraph test and possessed a tape recording of Tonya admitting she made up the accusation for money. His 3rd daughter is named Theresa and his son is named Larry Flynt Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
He had also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Light Brown’.
- Oversized physique
- Thin lips
- Golden-plated wheelchair
- Evangelical Christianity (1977-1978)
- Atheism (1978-Present)
Larry Flynt Facts
- He was born at 9:10 P.M.
- He was raised by his mom and maternal grandmother for the 1st 3 years of his life.
- His parents divorced when he was 10 years old.
- As a young teen, Larry briefly worked as a bootlegger. When he discovered the deputies were searching for him, he stopped and enlisted in the United States Navy in July 1960. He was discharged 4 years later.
- His 1st enterprise was buying his mom’s bar in Dayton, Ohio, named The Keewee, which he redesigned and made profitable. During that time, Larry worked 20 hours a day because he used amphetamines to stay awake.
- His 1st magazine was named Bachelor’s Beat, which he bought as an already-established franchise and then published for 2 years.
- He owned vending machine business in the 1970s but closed it down because it wasn’t profitable.
- He published the 1st issue of Hustler in July 1974.
- Larry was paralyzed from the waist down on March 6, 1978. A white supremacist and serial killer named Joseph Paul Franklin shot him because Larry published an interracial photo shoot in Hustler. Joseph was executed on November 20, 2013, even though Larry opposed his death penalty.
- He had pronunciation difficulties after he overdosed on analgesic medication and suffered a stroke. He also revealed that he suffered from bipolar disorder.
- Larry published his autobiography titled An Unseemly Man: My Life as a P*rnographer, Pundit, and Social Outcast on October 28, 1996.
- Larry was a Candidate for Governor of California in 2003 to replace then-California Governor Gray Davis but finished 7th in line.
- He bought a Grumman Gulfstream II private jet in 1994. He replaced it with Gulfstream IV in 2005.
- Larry was named #1 on the list of “50 Powerful People in P*rn” in 2003 created by Arena magazine.
Featured Image by Toglenn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0