|Laura Woods Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1987|
Laura Woods is an English TV presenter, sports reporter, and journalist who has hosted/presented TV and radio shows for multiple British networks – primarily covering soccer, boxing, and American football. She is best known for her long-running association (2009-2022) with Sky Sports (a group of British subscription sports channels that is regarded as the dominant subscription TV sports brand in the United Kingdom and Ireland). Between March 2020 and June 2023, Laura also served as the main presenter (Monday to Wednesday) for the breakfast show of Talksport (a sports radio station that operates in the UK and the Republic of Ireland). In both 2020 and 2021, she won the ‘Sports Presenter of the Year’ award at The British Sports Journalism Awards, an annual ceremony organized by the SJA (Sports Journalists Association – an organization that represents the British sports media and acts as a consultant to organizers of major sports events) that recognizes the best of sports journalism in Britain in the previous calendar year.
Dagenham, East London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Laura, after her high school graduation, joined Kingston University, a public research university located within the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, in South West London. She studied print journalism there.
TV Presenter, Sports Reporter, Journalist
- Father – Steve Woods
- Mother – Michelle Woods
- Siblings – Paul Woods (Older Brother), Luke Woods (Older Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura has dated –
- Alex Corbisiero (2014-2022) – Laura started dating an American-born English rugby union player named Alex Corbisiero in 2014. The couple parted ways in 2022.
- Adam Collard (2023-Present) – After weeks of speculation, Laura confirmed her relationship with English fitness influencer and reality TV personality Adam Collard, 8 years her junior, in October 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Laura Woods Facts
- Soon after she graduated from Kingston University, Laura, in 2009, got a job at Sky Sports – as a general assistant. She was soon promoted to the position of an editorial assistant and later moved into production – starting as an assistant producer, getting promoted to the position of an associate producer, and eventually becoming a producer.
- Laura first moved from production to presenting when she was asked to conduct behind-the-scenes interviews on the dart-throwing coverage for Sky Sports‘ YouTube channel. She then briefly hosted Game Changers, a British Saturday morning kids’ TV show.
- After that, she joined the online presenting team of Soccer AM (a British sports comedy talk show that aired from 1994 until 2023 and was produced by Sky Sports). By 2018, she became a regular pitch-side reporter on Super Sunday (Sky Sports‘ flagship live soccer program that broadcasts Premier League (the highest level of the English soccer league system) matches).
- Laura quit Sky Sports in 2022. She then joined DAZN (an international over-the-top sports streaming service) and covered boxing and women’s soccer for that platform. She left the company in July 2023.
- Later that month, she joined TNT Sports (a group of pay TV sports channels in the UK and Ireland) as the lead presenter for their boxing coverage. She also presented their coverage of the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Champions League (the most prestigious and the most-watched club soccer competition in the world).
- In July and August 2023, Laura also served as the lead presenter of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) Women’s World Cup for ITV (a British free-to-air public broadcast TV network).
- She is a staunch supporter of Arsenal F.C., a top-tier English professional soccer club based in Holloway, North London. In terms of trophies won it is the 3rd-most successful professional soccer club in England.
Featured Image by Laura Woods / Instagram