|Kym Whitley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1961|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Kym Whitley is an American comedian and actress who is widely recognized for her roles in several television sitcoms including Sparks (1996–98) and The Parkers (2001–04) and in a number of films such as Fun With Dick and Jane (2005) and I Love You, Man (2009). Her reality docu-series titled Raising Whitley on the Oprah Winfrey Network first aired on April 20, 2013, garnering more than a million viewers, thereby becoming one of the most widely-viewed premieres ever of the network. She is the recipient of several awards including the 7th Indie Series Awards in 2016 for “Best Guest Actress – Drama”.
Kym Elizabeth Whitley
Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, United States
Kym Whitley went to Shaker Heights High School, graduating in 1979. She then attended Fisk University in Nashville in Tennessee. She became a member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
Comedian, Actress, Author
- Father – William Whitley (Architect & Worked in construction)
- Mother – Kaysonia Whitley
- Siblings – Kyle (Older Brother), Scott (Older Brother)
She is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Rodney Van Johnson – Rumor
She adopted a son named Joshua in January 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of African-American, English, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
Kym Whitley Favorite Things
- Friends – Steve Harvey, Loni Love, Niecy Nash
- Cherishes – Female company
Kym Whitley Facts
- She was a teacher in Compton in California before she became an actor.
- Her 1st work on the screen was in 1992, when she appeared in an episode of Vinnie & Bobby.
- She has regularly performed as a stand-up comedian mainly in and around Los Angeles.
- Kym has disclosed that she was thrilled to get an unbelievable opportunity in the form of School Pride that enabled her to entertain everyone and do good work simultaneously, fulfilling her deep desires that she believes God put in her heart. She had always wanted to work with children and had wished she would be able to help people and make them smile and laugh.
- Kym has owned a production company named Kwick Whit Productions.
- She has also been an author and she has penned books including The Delusion of Cinderella that was published in June 26, 2018.
- Kym has more than a million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0