|Lauren Mae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1992|
Lauren Mae is an American social media star and makeup artist, best known for her YouTube channel titled “Lauren Mae Beauty” which has garnered an audience of more than 100k subscribers. The channel’s content is closely connected to her profession, with the main focus on makeup, skincare, haircare, and beauty in general, and has remained the same since the channel’s creation on February 6, 2015. This also includes product or brand reviews, beauty industry secrets, tips, tricks, and techniques to achieve various desired looks, as well as discussions about her own experiences with products or brands. Lauren has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 10k followers on Instagram.
Lauren Mae Uptegrove
Lauren was born in 1992.
Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lauren attended El School of Professional Makeup in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Social Media Star, Makeup Artist
- Mother – Donna Fischer McKeever (Hairdresser)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren Mae has dated –
- Sam Keller (2007-Present) – She met Sam in high school, and they began dating when she was 15 years old, on October 13, 2007. Sam was a senior, and she was a sophomore. He was, obviously, her 1st boyfriend and her 1st love. Lauren has described him as the sweetest and cutest guy and knew she loved him around 3 weeks into their relationship. They said that they loved each other rather quickly, and even though she knew they had a special connection right away, she still felt a bit naive about it, as she had no other romantic experiences. They also became obsessed with each other and would hang out together every single day in the beginning. However, both acknowledged how ‘insanely lucky’ they were to have found a person that’s extremely supportive of their respective goals. Even Lauren’s mom and grandma kept repeating the phrase “We all need a Sam in our life” after meeting him and getting to know him. They got married on November 8, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde,’ ‘Silver’, and ‘Light Brown’ in the past.
Lauren Mae has endorsed brands such as –
Best Known For
- Her YouTube channel, “Lauren Mae Beauty” which has amassed an audience of more than 100k subscribers on YouTube
- Her social media fanbase with more than 10k followers on Instagram
Lauren Mae Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican, Chinese, Italian (Pizza)
- Makeup Artists – Alyssa Marie Artistry, Kelseyanna Fitzpatrick, Dick Smith, Richard Redlefsen
- Place To Live – Los Angeles, California, United States
- TV Shows – Veep (2012-2019), Westworld, Game of Thrones (2011-2019), True Blood (2008-2014), Big Little Lies, The Night Manager, The Office (2005-2013), Parks and Recreation (2009-2015)
- Activities – Reading
- Eyeshadow Palette – Modern Renaissance
- Fast Food Brands – Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell, In-n-Out
- Clothing Store – Forever 21
Lauren Mae Facts
- Her parents considered naming her Felicia at birth.
- She was very organized, creative, ‘colored up a storm’ and ‘bossy’ as a child, according to her mom.
- Lauren was always a great swimmer growing up and was on the swim team.
- Growing up, if the restaurant didn’t have chicken nuggets on the menu, she would refuse to go.
- When she was young, her dream was to be a thrift store owner.
- Prior to moving to Los Angeles, California, United States, she lived in Arizona, United States.
- Lauren got into makeup around the 6th grade. She remembers that everyone in her school wore makeup, and she went bare-faced. At one point, her friends held her down and applied eyeliner on her ‘waterline’, which was the worst placement, according to her.
- She watched YouTube, and especially the makeup section of it, for 2 to 3 years prior to starting her own channel. Lauren felt like she’d be good at YouTube herself, already had a ton of makeup to review and felt like she could contribute. The only thing she lacked was a camera and editing software, which she quickly sorted out as well.
- Lauren feels like having light-colored hair suits her the best. She dyed her hair pink in 2016, and never looked back. If she had to change her hair color, she would go with the trend of yellow/green hair, and if she had to get a darker color, she would choose lavender/purple.
- When Lauren attended a makeup school, she was most impressed and inspired by the special effects makeup. She can do a bit of that type of makeup but is often intimidated by it and gives those artists ‘mad props’ for their skills.
- Since she lived in Los Angeles, California for a while, she had the chance to see a lot of celebrities just walking around and meet some of them. Some of those were Danielle Bregoli, Sharon Osbourne, and Sarah Paulson.
- One of her most embarrassing moments was when her jeans ripped while she was in school. Luckily, she had a jacket wrapped around her waist so she could hide it.
- She can only speak English, even though she took French in high school and college. She also took Hindi for 1 semester in college, and only knows a few words and phrases.
- As of August 2019, Lauren would love to launch her own beauty brand. The 1st product she would launch would be an eyeshadow. If she had to partner with an existing brand to launch a product, she would pick ColourPop.
- She is a massive TV show fan and enjoys watching them with her husband Sam.
- If Lauren had to keep 3 makeup products, she would keep a concealer, mascara, and an eyebrow pencil.
- Lauren is not a pet person. She loves dogs and cats but has no time to dedicate to their care. In addition, her husband Sam is allergic to cats. At her mom’s house, she had 2 dogs and a cat.
- She’s the type of person to not care about brands or price of clothing. She also wears the same piece of clothing over and over again if she really likes it.
- Lauren’s male celebrity crush is Ryan Gosling, and she thinks her husband resembles him. Her female celebrity crush is Janelle Monáe.
- Follow her on Instagram and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lauren Mae / Instagram