|Lauren Ruth Ward Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1988|
Lauren Ruth Ward is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, actress, director, producer, and model, best known for her debut self-titled EP, released in 2016. She released her debut studio album, Well, Hell in February 2019. Lauren elevated her music career to a whole new level in 201 with the release of singles Valhalla, Pullstring, Hungry Barber, We Are Grown Ups, Same Soul, Wise Gal, and The Wild Honey Pie Buzzsession.
Lauren Ruth Ward
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Model, Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Actress, Director, Producer
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
- Others – Mila Joan (Niece), Maks (Nephew)
Lauren Ruth Ward is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in the United States
- Sedate Bookings (Talent Agent) in the United Kingdom and Europe
- Girlie Action (Manager, Publicist) in New York, New York, United States
- Purple Bite (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Rock, Alternative Folk
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Weekday Records (2017-2018)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lauren Ruth Ward has dated –
- Laura Pergolizzi (2015-Present) – The two met at a show in 2014 but started dating in 2015. In mid-2017, the couple got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has also dyed her hair ‘Light Brown’ and ‘Blonde’ in the past.
- Thin Nose
- Strong jawline
Lauren Ruth Ward has endorsed brands such as –
- Lust and Fond Vintage
- Jack Daniels
Lauren Ruth Ward Favorite Things
- Singers/Musicians – Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Myra
- Number – 7
Source – DailyCal.org, YouTube
Lauren Ruth Ward Facts
- She used to work as a colorist and hairstylist before she moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue her music career.
- Her sister is also a great singer.
- She befriended a fellow singer and songwriter, Melanie Martinez around the time she auditioned for the 3rd season of The Voice in 2012. In 2016, after Melanie released her 2nd studio album, K-12, Lauren was invited as an opening act on the tour that followed.
- Lauren deeply mourned the death of Aretha Franklin in August 2018.
- She and Laura share a dog named Orson Johnny Valentine who has his own Instagram account with more than 20k followers under the handle “everythingisorson”.
- Lauren made her TV show debut as Valerie in 3 episodes of the comedy TV series Twenty in 2018.
- She has been named “a cross between Florence Welch, Courtney Barnett, and Janis Joplin” by music critics.
- To honor the birthday of Grace Slick, a singer-songwriter born in 1939, she covered her song White Rabbit in 2018.
- In honor of Jim Morrison’s 75th birthday in December 2018, Lauren recorded and released a 7-track cover album of The Doors‘ songs and titled it Happy Birthday Jim. The songs were also accompanied by music videos and released every day of that week. She also used her passion for painting to create unique watercolor pieces for the single covers.
- Lauren thinks that the music entertainment industry is “a patriarchal mess,” and wants to help change that. She promotes equality and having an equal presence of both sexes and all races as she feels both feminine and masculine.
- Lauren didn’t fear about splitting from record label Weekday Records as they simply “didn’t see eye-to-eye.” In addition, she knew that living in Los Angeles allowed her to hire numerous music producers even with a hairstylist salary.
- She accompanied her fiance, Laura on her Heart to Mouth Tour 2019. The two also planned on organizing a “friendship ceremony” for their mutual fanbase to attend at a place such as Joshua Tree National Park or possibly Italy.
Featured Image by Lauren Ruth Ward / Instagram