|Layvin Kurzawa Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1992|
Layvin Kurzawa is a French professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, top-flight French clubs AS Monaco F.C. and Paris Saint-Germain F.C. He had played for AS Monaco F.C. from 2010 to 2015 and had won the Ligue 2 championship title with them in the 2012–13 season. He was signed, on a 5-year contract, by Paris Saint-Germain F.C. in 2015 for a fee of €23 million and in June 2020, his contract was extended until 2024. With the club, he has won the Ligue 1 championship title in the 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, and 2019–20 seasons; the Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue in the 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, and 2019–20 seasons; and the Trophée des Champions (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019). At the international level, he has represented France at the Under-19, Under-20, Under-21, and the senior tiers.
Layvin Marc Kurzawa
Fréjus, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France
Professional Soccer Player
- Siblings – Yrles Teoro Kurzawa (Younger Brother) (Soccer Player)
- 3, 22 – France
- 29, 15, 3 – AS Monaco F.C.
- 20, 16, 4, 8, 3 – Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
Defender (Left Back)
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Layvin has dated –
- Mélissa Chovet (2016-Present) – Layvin began dating Mélissa Chovet in 2016. They have a daughter together named Kendjaia Kurzawa (b. September 17, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Guadeloupean descent on his father’s side and Polish descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has his entire upper torso and both arms covered in tattoos
He has sponsored the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Layvin Kurzawa Facts
- A child prodigy, Layvin had started his youth career with local club Étoile Fréjus Saint-Raphaël in 1996, at the age of just 4. He had spent nearly a decade with the club, honing his skills and attracting the attention of talent scouts from all over the country. In 2005, he had joined Pays d’Aix FC and was then signed up by top-flight French club AS Monaco F.C. in 2007.
- Having spent nearly 3 years in the club’s development program, he was promoted to the club’s senior team in 2010. He had established himself in the first team with his performances in the 2013–14 season and as the club had finished runner-up to Paris Saint-Germain F.C. in Ligue 1, he was also included in the ‘Ligue 1 Team of the Year’ for the season.
- In March 2017, he had scored an own goal in the 2nd leg of Paris Saint-Germain F.C.‘s ‘Round of 16’ match against FC Barcelona which had resulted in a dramatic 5-6 aggregate loss for his team. Paris Saint-Germain F.C. had won the first leg 4-0 and when Layvin had conceded the own goal in the 2nd leg, FC Barcelona was still trailing 2-4 on aggregate.
- What ensued, however, was one of the greatest comebacks in soccer history as FC Barcelona netted 3 goals in the last 8 minutes of the game, winning 6-1. The match ended 6-5 on aggregate in their favor. If not for Layvin’s own goal, the match would have ended 5-5 on aggregate and Paris Saint-Germain F.C. would have advanced to the quarter-final by virtue of the 1-0 lead they had based on away goals scored.
Featured Image by Layvin Kurzawa / Instagram