|Christine Lagarde Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1956|
Christine Lagarde is a French politician and lawyer who was appointed the first female President of the European Central Bank (the main institution responsible for the management of the euro and monetary policy in the Eurozone of the European Union) in November 2019. Between July 2011 and September 2019, she had served as the first female Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an international financial institution, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Before these appointments, she had held several ministerial posts in the Government of France – Minister of Foreign Trade (June 2005-May 2007), Minister of Agriculture and Fishing (May 2007–June 2007), and Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (June 2007–June 2011). In both 2019 and 2020, Forbes magazine had ranked her at number 2 in its annual list of the ‘World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’.
Christine Madeleine Odette Lallouette
Luxury Lagarde, Madame La Gaffe
Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
Christine, after her high school graduation in 1973, had taken up an American Field Service scholarship to the Holton-Arms School, an independent college-preparatory school for girls in Bethesda, Maryland. After about a year, she had returned to France and had joined Paris West University Nanterre La Défense, a public university in Nanterre, France.
There, she had obtained master’s degrees in English, labor law, and social law. Thereafter, she had joined the Institut d’Études Politiques (IEP) d’Aix-en-Provence, a political studies school in Aix-en-Provence, in the South of France. She had attained a master’s degree from there.
- Father – Robert Lallouette (Professor of English)
- Mother – Nicole Lallouette (née Carré) (Latin, Greek, and French Literature Teacher)
- Siblings – She has 3 younger brothers.
- Others – François Alfred Henri Lallouette (Paternal Grandfather), Emilienne Louise Guillonneau (Paternal Grandmother)
Christine Lagarde’s net worth had been $6 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christine has dated –
- Wilfried Lagarde (1982–1992) – Christine had married Wilfried Lagarde in 1982 and they have 2 sons together named Pierre-Henri Lagarde (b. 1986) and Thomas Lagarde (b. 1988). The couple had parted ways in 1992.
- Xavier Giocanti (2006-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French and distant Alsatian German descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Cheerful smile
Christine Lagarde Facts
- Christine, in her teenage years, was a member of the French national synchronized swimming team.
- Her career had started in 1981 when she had joined Baker & McKenzie, a Chicago-based international law firm. She was made partner after 6 years. She had joined their executive committee in 1995 and had been elected the company’s first female chairman in October 1999.
- When she was appointed the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry in June 2007 by the French Government, she had become the first woman to be the finance minister of a G8 economy.
- When she was first appointed as the Managing Director of the IMF for a 5-year term in July 2011, she was the 11th successive European to head the IMF. She was re-elected for another 5-year term, starting July 2016, as she was the only candidate nominated for the post.
- She is a vegetarian and her hobbies include gymming, cycling, and swimming.
Featured Image by Christine Lagarde / Instagram