|Leanza Cornett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1971|
Leanza Cornett was an American beauty pageant contestant, TV personality, actress, and singer who had won the ‘Miss Florida’ pageant in 1992 and was crowned ‘Miss America’ in 1993. She had also been crowned ‘Miss National Sweetheart’ in 1991, a beauty pageant contested by participants from the ‘Miss America’ state pageants in the United States. Besides, she had hosted several TV shows such as Entertainment Tonight (1994–1995), New Attitudes (1998), and Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? (2000). She had also acted in numerous theater plays and musicals including Barefoot in the Park, Godspell, The Best Little Wh*rehouse in Texas, and Bye Bye Birdie.
Eva Leanza Cornett
Leanza was born on June 10, 1971.
She died on October 28, 2020, due to complications arising out of a head injury sustained earlier that month, in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, United States. She was 49 years old at the time of her death.
Big Stone Gap, Wise County, Virginia, United States
Leanza had graduated, in 1989, from the Terry Parker High School in Jacksonville, Florida. She had then joined the Rollins College, a private liberal arts college in Winter Park, Florida.
Beauty Pageant Contestant, TV Personality, Actress, Singer
- Father – Richard Cornett (Teacher)
- Mother – Patti Cornett (Teacher)
- Others – Mike Steines (Ex-Brother-in-Law)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leanza had dated –
- Mark Steines (1995-2013) – Leanza had started dating American broadcast journalist and actor Mark Steines in 1995 and the couple had married later that year, on July 22, 1995, in a ceremony on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. Just a few weeks after their wedding, Leanza was removed as the host of Entertainment Tonight and was immediately replaced by Mark. They had 2 sons together named Kai Harper (b. February 19, 2002) and Avery ‘AJ’ James (b. November 4, 2003). Mark and Leanza had divorced in 2013, after nearly 2 decades of wedlock.
Race / Ethnicity
She was of American descent.
She often used to dye her hair blonde or red.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Neck-length hair
- Had a mole on her neck
- Had a purple and gold ‘Crown’ tattooed on her right ankle
Leanza had hosted an infomercial for the Murad ‘Acne Complex’ skincare system.
Leanza Cornett Facts
- Before she had made it big by winning multiple beauty pageants in the early 1990s, Leanza was a member of a contemporary Christian music group known as Area Code.
- After winning the ‘Miss America’ title in 1993, she had chosen to adopt raising awareness about AIDS and its prevention as her platform for her year of customary service.
- She was also one of the first ‘Miss America’ winners who had decided not to wear the ‘Miss America’ crown during any public appearances.
- In 1991, she had become the first actress ever to play a live-action version of Ariel when she had played the protagonist of the Danish fairy tale The Little Mermaid in the Voyage of The Little Mermaid, a live show at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Featured Image by First Coast News / Instagram