|Brandon Mychal Smith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brandon Mychal Smith is an American actor, singer, dancer, and rapper, best known for his role of Bug Wendal in the movie Gridiron Gang (2006) starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Xzibit, Little Richard in biography film Get on Up (2014), as well as Tyrone in Dirty Grandpa (2016) starring Robert De Niro, Zac Efron, and Zoey Deutch. To the television audience, Brandon is best known for his roles of Mario in Unfabulous (2004-2005), Li’l Danny Dawkins in Phil of the Future (2005-2006), Nico Harris in Sonny with a Chance (2009-2011) and So Random! (2011-2012), Marcus in One Big Happy (2015), and Harris James in Sweet/Vicious (2016-2017).
He also starred as Wes in series Relationship Status (2016-2017), provided the voice for Mikey in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series that started airing in 2018, and began starring as Sam Dresden in You’re the Worst in 2014. Brandon also had notable appearances in theatrical and feature-films or TV movies such as Grind (2003), Séance (2006), Weapons (2007), StarStruck (2010), Elle: A Modern Cinderella Tale (2010), Let It Shine (2012), Hoovey (2015), Sacrifice (2015), and The Most Hated Woman in America (2017).
Brandon Mychal Smith
Brandon Mychal-Smith, Brandon Smith
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Brandon attended Billy Mitchell Elementary School in Lawndale, California, United States. He then enrolled in University High School in Irvine, California, United States.
After graduation, Brandon attended Hampton University in Hampton, Virginia, United States.
Actor, Singer, Dancer, Rapper
- Father – Lewis Smith
- Mother – NK
- Siblings – Kimberly Smith (Younger Sister) (Doctor)
Brandon Mychal Smith is represented by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mainstay Entertainment (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Buchwald (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York, New York, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller (Legal Representative) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 bs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brandon Mychal Smith has dated –
- Maggie Castle (2009) – He began dating the Canadian actress in late 2009 after they met at the filming of the TV movie Starstruck in August of that year. However, he was very careful to keep his relationship out of the public’s eye, so not a lot was known about the length of their relationship.
- Jasmine Tookes (2012-2016) – Brandon began dating Victoria’s Secret model Jasmine Tookes in 2012 but was very secretive of their relationship. While giving an interview about the movie he starred in – Let It Shine (2012), he shared that the most romantic thing he has done for a girlfriend was that he laid roses throughout the apartment, and spelled the girlfriend’s name with petals, but hasn’t specified whether that was her. In October 2015, he surprised his followers with a picture of them kissing. They seemingly broke up in 2016, as Jasmine began dating another guy. However, Brandon kept posting photos of them together that included very affectionate and long captions about her beauty and success. He also added that the 4 years spent with her were the best years of his life.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
Brandon Mychal Smith has African-American and Scottish ancestry.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Bright white teeth
- Afro haircut
- Stubble facial hair
Brandon Mychal Smith has endorsed brands such as –
- Nike with Tiger Woods (1997), (2017)
- Balmain (2018)
- Zara (2018)
- M1 Energy Drinks (2018)
- Annabel’s Mayfair (2019)
- Tiffany & Co. (2019)
- British Vogue (2019)
Best Known For
- His role of Little Richard in Get on Up (2014)
- Starring as Nico Harris in Sonny with a Chance (2009-2011) and So Random! (2011-2012)
- Providing the voice for Mikey in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV Series
- His roles of Bug Wendal in Gridiron Gang (2006) and Tyrone in Dirty Grandpa (2016)
As a Singer
Brandon Mychal Smith made his musical performance debut by singing songs Shades and Party Up in the TV movie StarsStruck in 2010. The same year, he also sang Stop SPS and High School Miserable in 2 separate episodes of the TV series Sonny with a Chance.
He was credited as a performer for the main title theme of the TV series So Random! between 2011 and 2012. In 2012, Brandon performed 4 songs in a TV movie Let It Shine, titled Moment of Truth, Tonight’s the Night, Around the Block, and Make a Joyful Noise.
Brandon Mychal Smith made his first theatrical film appearance as JV Cleaning Boy in a romantic comedy She’s All That in 1999.
First TV Show
Brandon Mychal Smith made his first TV show appearance as Darren ‘Junior’ Fox in an episode titled Payback of the drama-crime series The District in 2002.
Brandon has not revealed a lot of information about his diet but has actively tried to motivate his followers to be physically active and happy. He cited Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson to be his inspiration to work out. Dwayne taught him a workout routine and instilled a work ethic that he kept up with since 2006 when they filmed a movie Gridiron Gang together.
Brandon combines high-repetition workouts such as bicep curls, triceps cable push-downs with intensive, but low-repetition, heavyweight exercises such as shrugs for trapezius muscles, as well as deadlifts and bench-press.
Brandon Mychal Smith Favorite Things
- Clothing – Suits
- Clothing Pattern – Animal Print
- Accessories – Necklaces, Hats, Head Bandanas
- Footwear – Chelsea Boots
- Quote – “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always just try one more time.” – Thomas Edison
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Brandon Mychal Smith Facts
- He was a child actor and began appearing in acting gigs when he was 8 years old.
- Brandon won prestigious Family Television Award and Young Artist Award for his role of Tayshawn in The Ron Clark Story (2006) alongside Matthew Perry. The movie was also nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award the same year.
- He had a guest role of Mario in the TV series Unfabulous (2004-2005) alongside Emma Roberts.
- Brandon had a notable appearance alongside Nick Cannon and Paul Dano in the youth crime-drama TV movie Weapons (2007).
- One of Brandon’s 1st theatrical appearances was the minor role in Grind (2003) alongside actors Adam Brody, Joey Kern, and Mike Vogel. He got the role of a skater because he was very good at roller skating at the time.
- With his skating history, he easily became a contestant in a TV show Skating with the Stars in 2010. Even though he got to the finals, and was actually the 1st runner-up, he got a violent case of a stomach virus, and couldn’t return to the competition.
- Brandon had a lead role in Sonny with a Chance (2009-2011) with Demi Lovato, Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Doug Brochu, and Allisyn Ashley Arm. The series ended in January 2011 due to Demi Lovato’s health issues, and continued in form of So Random! TV series (2011-2012) without her.
- As the form of a promotion for the Sonny with a Chance series, the whole cast appeared in Demi Lovato’s music video for the song La La Land in 2008. Brandon later said that he got along with Demi very well and that she was like a sister to him.
- He played a character Albert “Stubby” Stubbins, and also sang in the Disney’s TV movie StarStruck (2010), featuring Sterling Knight, Danielle Campbell, and Chelsea Kane in the lead roles.
- Brandon starred opposite Chadwick Boseman in the biography film Get on Up (2014) about the well-known singer James Brown and received critical acclaim for playing Little Richard.
- In 2015, he appeared in a feature film Sacrifice alongside Dermot Mulroney and Melora Walters. The movie was created by the Forest Whitaker‘s film production company JuntoBox.
- He was set to star as Craig in the Hulu web series titled Four Weddings and a Funeral in late 2019, alongside Nathalie Emmanuel, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Zoe Boyle, and Andie MacDowell.
- Follow him on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Brandon Mychal Smith / Instagram