|Lee Ji-ah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Ji-ah is a South Korean actor who is known for having been cast in shows and movies such as The Penthouse: War in Life, Beethoven Virus, Athena: The Movie, My Mister, Musudan, Athena: Goddess of War, The Ghost Detective, Swimming Bird, Me Too, Flower!, The Legend, Style, Thrice Married Woman, Sea of Hope, and The Relation of Face, Mind and Love.
Lee Ji-ah, Kim Ji-ah, E Ji-ah
Lee Ji-ah attended the Pasadena Art Center College of Design and majored in graphic design.
- Father – He was a businessman.
- Others – Kim Soon-heung (Grandfather) (Educator, One of the patrons for the creation of Seoul Arts High School, Chairman of Kyunggi High School)
Lee Ji-ah has been signed with BH Entertainment.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lee Ji-ah has dated –
- Seo Taiji (1997-2000) – On October 12, 1997, she got married to singer, musician, songwriter, and record producer Seo Taiji, whom she met through an acquaintance at a concert in Los Angeles, California in 1993. The couple remained secretly married and lived in the United States, moving to Atlanta and then Arizona. In the year 2000, they separated when Seo returned to Korea in the month of June for his comeback to the K-pop scene as a solo artist and Lee stayed behind in the U.S. She filed for divorce in 2006 on the grounds of irreconcilable differences due to incompatible lifestyles and personalities. The relationship became known to the media much later in 2011 when Sports Seoul broke the story on April 21, 2011, that Lee and Seo had been secretly married since 1997. Both celebrities were believed to have been single and the news leaked after hearings had been held at the Seoul Family Court (court papers used Seo and Lee’s birth names – Jeong Hyeon-cheol and Kim Sang-eun, respectively) since Lee filed a ₩5.5 billion lawsuit against Seo for alimony and division of assets. Eventually, the ex-couple reached an out-of-court settlement through mediation in July 2011, which included a non-disclosure agreement.
- Jung Woo-sung (2011) – Between February and May 2011, she was romantically involved with actor Jung Woo-sung, her Athena co-star.
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Ji-ah is of South Korean descent.
Often sports forehead bangs
Lee Ji-ah Facts
- Her family shifted to the United States when she was in 6th grade and they lived there for 10 years.
- In 2007, Lee Ji-ah was cast as Sujini, the mistress of the Phoenix and the reincarnation of Sae-Oh, in the historical fantasy drama television series The Legend. For this performance, she received various accolades including the Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actress (TV)” and MBC Drama Awards in categories like “Best New Actress”, “Popularity Award, Actress”, and “Best Couple Award” (with Bae Yong-joon).
- She appeared in the music video for the song Please Come Back to Me by Vibe in 2010.
- Alongside Uhm Ji-won, Song Chang-eui, Ha Seok-jin, Seo Young-hee, and Jo Han-sun, Lee Ji-ah co-starred as Oh Eun-soo in the family romantic drama series Thrice Married Woman in 2013 and this role got her nominated for an APAN Star Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama”, Korea Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress”, and SBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama”.
- She is multilingual and speaks languages like Korean, English, and Japanese.
Featured Image by BH Entertainment / YouTube / CC BY 3.0