|Jung Woo-sung Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jung Woo-sung is a South Korean actor, director, producer, and model who became the first Korean UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. After starting his career as a model, he transitioned to acting and then gained stardom and teenage cult status with the 1997 gangster movie Beat, for which he won “Best New Actor” at the 17th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards. He is also known for having been cast in movies like City of the Rising Sun, Asura: The City of Madness, Trade Your Love, Steel Rain, Steel Rain 2: Summit, Don’t Forget Me, The Divine Move, Illang: The Wolf Brigade, Cold Eyes, Scarlet Innocence, Beasts Clawing at Straws, Innocent Witness, Daisy, A Moment to Remember, Sad Movie, The Restless, Reign of Assassins, A Good Rain Knows, Shanghai Grand, Born to Kill, The Fox with Nine Tails, The King, and The Good, the Bad, the Weird. Apart from his work in films, Jung Woo-sung is also known for his television roles like playing Lee Jung-woo in the espionage drama series Athena: Goddess of War, Yang Kang-chil in romantic fantasy series Padam Padam, Kang Dong-suk in the drama series Asphalt Man, and Park Sam-soo in legal crime drama series Delayed Justice.
Seoul, South Korea
Actor, Director, Producer, Model, First Korean UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador
Jung Woo-sung has been signed with –
- Taurus Films (2009-2012)
- Artist Company
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jung Woo-sung has dated –
- Zhang Ziyi (2001) – He had a short-termed romance with Chinese actor and model Zhang Ziyi in the year 2001.
- Lee Ji-ah (2011) – It was reported that he went out with actor Lee Ji-ah between February and May 2011. Jung confirmed the news in March 2011. They have also worked together in the espionage drama series Athena: Goddess of War.
Race / Ethnicity
Jung Woo-sung is of South Korean descent.
Jung Woo-sung Facts
- He was raised in Sadang-dong, then one of the poorest towns in Seoul. Jung Woo-sung eventually dropped out of high school after a year in order to start working to support his family financially.
- When he first started to pursue a career in acting, he was told that he was too tall to become an actor so he first worked as a model.
- In 2008, Jung Woo-sung won the award for “Best Dressed of the Year” at the Korea Fashion & Design Awards.
- In addition to South Korea, Jung Woo-sung is also popular in other Asian countries, notably in Japan.
- Alongside actor and former model Lee Jung-jae, Jung Woo-sung co-founded the talent management company named Artist Company. Apart from the owners, the company has also repped other artists including Lee Si-a, Go Ara, Ha Jung-woo, Esom, Nam Ji-hyun, and Yum Jung-ah.
- He has been best friends with Lee Jung-jae, whom he met while filming the 1999 film City of the Rising Sun.
- Jung Woo-sung was honored as “Distinguished Korean Wave Entertainer Award for Film” by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in 2011.
- As a director, he has worked on projects including After You Left Me, Beginning of a Dream, Sad Love, You Just Don’t Know, and The Killer Behind the Old Man.
- He enjoys basketball and swimming.
- Jung Woo-sung has also been included in Forbes‘ Korea Power Celebrity list in 2015, 2017, and 2018, ranking 16th, 21st, and 17th respectively.
Featured Image by 사진기자머길 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0