|Leo Howard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Leo Howard is an American actor and martial artist who is best known for incorporating his karate skills into his television and film roles such as “Young Snake-Eyes” in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, “Young Conan” in Conan the Barbarian, Logan in Shake it Up, and Jack in Kickin’ It. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Andron, Shorts, Zeke & Luther, Leo Little’s Big Show, Lab Rats: Bionic Island, Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything, Major Crimes, Santa Clarita Diet, Legacies, Why Women Kill, The 100, and many more. In 2016, Leo was featured in the music video of Olivia Holt’s song, History. For his acting skills, he has been honored with numerous awards such as the Young Artist Award.
Leo Richard Howard
Newport Beach, California, U.S.
Studio City, California, U.S.
He was enrolled in a private school called Tri-City Christian School in Vista, California, but took to home-schooling in 2011 ever since he became a part of the regular cast of Kickin’ It aired on Disney XD.
Martial Artist, Model, Actor, TV Director
- Father – Todd Farrell Howard (Entrepreneur, Professional Dog Breeder, Former Marine)
- Mother – Randye Howard (Professional Dog Breeder)
- Siblings – None
- Randy James Management
- Jill Fritzo (Publicist)
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leo Howard has dated –
- Zendaya (2013) – Actress and singer, Zendaya and Leo dated in March and April 2013 after he did a recurring role as Logan Hunter in the third season of Shake It Up.
- Micayla Johnson (2013-2015) – The fact that Leo was dating a fellow martial artist, Micayla Johnson was largely implied by their frequent pics which showed the two were spending a lot of time together. There were also rumors that they intended to move in together once Leo turned 18. They split due to unknown reasons and Micayla moved on to study at the University of Florida.
- Olivia Holt (2011, 2016) – Leo and Olivia is a fan-favorite pair considering the two starred together in the Kickin’ It series from 2011 to 2015. Dating RUMORs were re-ignited for Leolivia, as fans lovingly call them when Leo played Olivia’s love interest in a music video for the song History (2016) from her debut EP.
- Madeleine White (2017) – In April 2017, Leo and British Model Madeleine (later moved to New York) posted pictures of their vacation in London together on their Instagram accounts implying the possibility that they might be dating.
- Natasha Hall – Leo later started dating actress Natasha Hall. The couple got engaged in July 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Leo’s father is from South Carolina and has English, Northern Irish lineage.
His mother has Russian Jewish and Austrian Jewish ancestry.
- Ripped body
- Prominent mole above right cheekbone
- Smooth, glossy hair
His shoe is speculated to be 13 (US) or 12 (UK) or 46 (EU).
Leo started working in print advertorials and catalogs when a talent scout spotted him during one of his karate tournaments.
Best Known For
- Playing Jack Brewer on Disney XD Original Series Kickin’ It from 2011 to 2015.
- Showcased his martial arts skills for the first time playing young Snake-Eyes in a flashback scene in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009).
- Nearly outshone Jason Momoa by playing his younger version in Conan the Barbarian (2011).
Made his feature film debut as Eric Brooks in the family drama, Aussie & Ted’s Great Adventure (2009).
First TV Show
Guest star in USA Network show Monk, Season 4 – Episode 2 aired on 15 July 2005.
- Leo started training in martial arts at the age of 4 and gained expertise in Shorin-ryu, an Okinawan style of martial arts.
- It took him 10 years to gain a black belt in that discipline during which he also won 3 world championships.
- At the age of 14, Leo started weight training seriously and switched his martial arts style to include more flips, acrobatics and strength moves inspired by gymnastics.
- Since his father, Todd, owns quite a few Max Muscle supplement stores and is a keen bodybuilder himself, Leo gets all the training related information he needs from his parents.
- Leo constantly switches between other disciplines to add greater diversity to his combat skills. In 2016, he took up Muay Thai training.
- He started paying serious attention to diet and recovery at the age of 15.
- Being naturally lean with a physically demanding routine, Leo can get away with consuming a lot more calories than the average person but even he admits that eating clean is the hardest thing to do, yet it’s the most important.
Leo Howard Favorite Things
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Mint Chocolate Chip
- Bodybuilders – Franco Columbu, Bob Paris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Reeves
- Actors – Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee
- Hobbies – Fishing, Cooking, Playing Guitar, Collecting antique weapons like swords and knives
- Music Instrument – Guitar
- Collector’s Fetish – Antique Weapons
- Most Cherished Antique Weapon of his collection – A Turkish sword from the 1800s, he purchased in Bulgaria while filming for Conan the Barbarian (2011)
- Kickin’ It Episode – Episode named ‘Buddyguards’
- School Subject – History
- Book – Harry Potter series
Leo Howard Facts
- At the age of 4, Leo saw an older friend training martial arts while sitting in his mother’s lap and insisted he wanted to join him. The dojo made an exception to take a four-year-old as a student.
- He was a part of an extreme martial arts performing group called Sideswipe under the leadership of Matt Mullins and performed choreographed combat routines for the show.
- Once he started learning extreme martial arts at the age of 7, he realized he preferred performing for entertainment rather than competing and hence retired from participating in martial arts tournaments at the age of 9.
- When he got a callback confirming his role as Jack in Kickin’ It, he was performing in a Sideswipe show getting filmed by a local news station.
- Leo often trains in the gym with his parents and his father had a guest appearance as a bodybuilder in one of his Kickin’ It episodes.
- He is also extremely fond of animals and has an interest in Veterinary Science. He often volunteers at pet clinics in his free time.
- Leo got into the Guinness Book of World Records as the youngest director in the world for directing an episode of Kickin’ It in 2014.
- He looks up to Clint Eastwood as a role model to turn into a successful actor & director someday.
- In a 2014 interview, Leo advised against getting trapped by stereotypes set on the basis of age or any other parameter. He advised that anything is possible if a person is focused and works hard.
- Leo is a distant relative (third cousin) of Benjamin Netanyahu (Israeli Prime Minister).