Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Momoa’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Joseph Momoa (Painter)
- Mother – Coni (Photographer)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Zoe Kravitz (Step-daughter) (Singer)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
106 kg or 234 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Momoa dated –
- Simmone Mackinnon (1999-2006) – Simmone and Jason started dating in 1999. Jason engaged this Australian actress in June 2004. Their relationship finally saw an end in 2006.
- Lisa Bonet (2005-Present) – Momoa met the actress, Lisa Bonet in 2005 and soon became an item. The couple married on November 15, 2007, and have 2 children as of now – daughter Lola Iolani (b. July 23, 2007) and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (b. December 15, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
Jason’s father is of native Hawaiian descent while his mother has Irish, German and American ancestry.
- Towering height
- Muscular build
- Scar mark on his left eyebrow. He got it after being attacked by a broken bottle.
Jason’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 50 inches or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18 inches or 46 cm
- Waist – 36 inches or 91.5 cm
It is not known.
He has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Best Known For
His television roles as Ronon Dex (2005–09) on the military science fiction TV series Stargate: Atlantis and as Khal Drogo in the HBO medieval fantasy TV series Game of Thrones (2011-2012).
After appearing in the TV series Baywatch, Jason also appeared in the film version of the same. In 2003, he played the role of Jason Ioane in the made-for-TV Film Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding.
First TV Show
From 1999 to 2001, Jason appeared on the American action drama series Baywatch Hawaii for his role as Jason Ioane.
For the 2011 movie Conan the Barbarian…., he had to work out very hard. He lifted weights, which he never did in his life before this movie. To train and look like Conan, Jason Momoa ate chicken breasts. He trained like a beast. Jason loves carbs and is not a fan of sticking to a diet and doing workouts.
Jason Momoa Favorite Things
- Food – Apple pie (made by his mom), Spaghetti (cooked by his wife Lisa Bonet), Japanese cuisine
- Drink – Guinness, red wine, Mountain Sun Brews
- Movie – Basquiat (1996), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)
Jason Momoa Facts
- He was raised by his mother in Norwalk, Iowa.
- He started his career as a model in 1998 after getting discovered by an international designer Takeo Kikuchi.
- In 1999, Jason won the Hawaii’s Model of The Year contest.
- Jason is the nephew of surfers Rusty Keaulana and Brian Keaulana.
- Jason’s son’s born name is Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. The meaning of the name was shared by Jason’s mother. Nakoa means “warrior” and Mana stands for “strength / spirit”, Kaua means “rain” and Po means “dark”. He was born at the night time during a bad weather condition and hence this name was kept. The other words are the middle name and the last name of his father, Jason Momoa.
- He enjoys doing surfing, skateboarding, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
- He loves cigars and booze. It is his favorite thing.
- Momoa’s dream car is 1978 Land Cruiser.
- His mother is his role model.
- Jason actually does not likes technology. He doesn’t even own a mobile phone, and does not watch TV. Momoa doesn’t even use an email.
- Vajra Kila and Mahakala are two pet dogs of Momoa.
- Visit his official website @ jasonmomoa.com.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter, and Instagram.