|Lesley Manville Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1956|
Lesley Manville is an English actress who has appeared in more than a dozen Mike Leigh films including Grown-Ups (1980), High Hopes (1988), Secrets & Lies (1996), Topsy-Turvy (1999), All or Nothing (2002), Vera Drake (2004), Another Year (2010), and Mr. Turner (2014).
Lesley Ann Manville
Brighton, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Leslie was trained in improvisation by Italia Conti teacher Julia Carey.
- Father – Ron Manville (Taxi Driver)
- Mother – Jean Manville (Former Ballet Dancer)
- Siblings – Brenda (Older Sister), Diana (Older Sister)
Lesley is represented by ARG Talent.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lesley has been in a relationship with –
- Peter Duncan
- Gary Oldman (1987-1990) – Lesley tied the knot with actor Gary Oldman in 1987, and split in 1989, 3 months after the birth of their son Alfie Oldman (b. December 10, 1988). She was 32 years old at the time. The couple got divorced in 1990.
- Joe Dixon (2000-2004)
Race / Ethnicity
Lesley has English ancestry.
- She is a muse for director Mike Leigh.
Lesley Manville Favorite Things
- Co-Stars – Lesley Sharp, Timothy Spall, Deborah Findlay
Source – IMDb
Lesley Manville Facts
- She was raised in nearby Hove.
- Lesley began training as a soprano singer at the age of 8 and competed professionally winning the under-18 championship of Sussex twice.
- Lesley started her acting career as a teenager with her role as Merle in Village Hall in 1974. Later, in 1985, she made her debut feature film appearance as Maryanne in Dance with a Stranger.
- She started working at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts at the age of 15.
- Lesley’s theatre credits include Andrea Dunbar’s Rita, Sue and Bob Too (1981) and Caryl Churchill’s Top Girls (1982) and Serious Money (1987).
- As of 2007, Lesley had been residing in East Grinstead, West Sussex with her son.
- Lesley was appointed Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2021 “New Year Honours for services to drama and charity”.
- Her television and film credits include Dance with a Stranger (1985), A Christmas Carol (2009), Maleficent (2014), Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019), Let Him Go (2020), Emmerdale (1974–1976), Cranford (2007), Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond (2014), River (2015), and Mum (2016–2019).
Featured Image By canmark / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0