|Liam Gallagher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1972|
Liam Gallagher is an English singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, best known as the lead singer of the rock band Oasis between 1991 and 2009, during which they were deemed one of the best bands in Britain by various polls. As a part of the band, he released 7 studio albums between 1994 and 2009. Their debut album Definitely Maybe (1994) was a huge commercial success and became the fastest selling British album that year. Their 2nd album, (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? (1995), was an even bigger success and led to the band’s international tours. Liam and his band released 5 more studio albums – Be Here Now (1997), Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (2000), Heathen Chemistry (2002), Don’t Believe the Truth (2005) and Dig Out Your Soul (2008) before they split up in 2009.
After their disbandment, Liam and some former members of Oasis announced they have gathered to form a band Beady Eye. Their debut album, titled Different Gear, Still Speeding was released on February 28, 2011. After more than 2 years of performing, they released their 2nd studio album BE on June 12, 2013. On October 25, 2014, the members notified their Twitter followers that the band was no more, and Liam began performing solo. After 2 years of performing solo songs that he had written throughout the years, Liam released his debut studio album title As You Were on October 6, 2017. In April 2018, he confirmed that the recording process of the 2nd studio album was well underway. Liam Gallagher has a massive international fanbase, with more than 3 million followers on Twitter and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
William John Paul Gallagher
Liam, Our Kid, Beady Eye, Oasis, Weetabix
Burnage, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Henley-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Liam Gallagher attended St. Bernard’s RC Primary School in Burnage, Manchester, England, United Kingdom until he was 11 years old.
He then enrolled in The Barlow Roman Catholic High School in Didsbury, Manchester, England, United Kingdom. Later, reports claimed he was expelled at the age of 16 because he was fighting, but in reality, Liam was only suspended for 3 months.
He came back to finish his last term in the spring of 1990 and has gained 4 GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education).
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Father – Thomas “Tommy” Gallagher
- Mother – Margaret “Peggy” Sweeny Gallagher
- Siblings – Noel Gallagher (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist), Paul Gallagher (Older Brother)
- Others – William Gallagher (Paternal Grandfather), Thomas Gallagher (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Mary Anne Lee (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Margaret “Peggy” Sweeney (Maternal Grandmother)
Liam Gallagher is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent Commercial) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Rock, Alternative Rock, Britpop
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Tambourine, Maracas, Percussion
- Big Brother
- Epic Records
- Beady Eye
- Warner Bros.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Liam Gallagher has dated –
- Lily Allen – Liam was in a relationship with the well-known singer, Lily Allen at some point before 1994.
- Kadamba Simmons (1994) – He reportedly dated actress Kadamba Simmons in 1994.
- Patsy Kensit (1994-2000) – Liam started dating actress Patsy Kensit in 1994. After 3 years of dating, he married her on April 7, 1997. The pair divorced on September 22, 2000. They have a son together, named Lennon Francis Gallagher (b. September 13, 1999), who was named after Liam’s musical idol, John Lennon.
- Lisa Moorish (1995-1997) – While dating Patsy, Liam had a 2-year long affair with the Killy City singer, Lisa Moorish. Their daughter Molly Moorish was conceived during the affair in June 1997 and was born on March 15, 1998. In an article in May 2018, it was announced that Liam had never met Molly in his life until earlier that month. He, alongside his sons Lennon and Gene came to meet Molly, and they reconnected and shared a picture on social media together.
- Rachel Hunter (2000) – He had a short-lived encounter with the New Zealander model, Rachel Hunter in 2000.
- Nicole Appleton (2000-2014) – Liam began dating the Canadian musician, Nicole Appleton in June 2000, and they dated for 8 years before getting married on February 14, 2008, at Westminster Register Office, which was the same venue he got married to Patsy in. They have a son together named Gene Gallagher (b. July 2, 2001). The pair divorced on April 9, 2014.
- Liza Ghorbani (2010-2012) – He had another affair with the New York Times journalist, Liza Ghorbani in 2010. Their bliss lasted until 2012 when the public found out that Liza got pregnant, and he was the father to her daughter Gemma, who was born in January 2013. In May 2018, Liam claimed that he also never met Gemma, just like he didn’t meet Molly until that point. However, he said that he bought Liza and his daughter a house and supported them financially, but didn’t remain on good terms. He added that if Gemma ever wanted to meet him, he would be willing, as he has nothing against her.
- Debbie Gwyther (2013-Present) – Another affair was uncovered in June 2013, while he was still technically married to Nicole, this time with his personal assistant, Debbie Gwyther. He kept his dating history private, but in an interview in May 2017, Liam claimed Debbie helped him overcome his personal problems, mainly drinking and depression, and motivated him to make new music.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Defined facial features
- Often wears sunglasses
- Bushy eyebrows
- Hunched posture while singing
Liam Gallagher has promoted brands such as –
- Pretty Green
- Clarks Originals (2018)
Liam Gallagher has promoted causes such as –
- Stand Up To Cancer (2017)
- The Climate Coalition (2017)
Best Known For
- Being the founder and lead singer of the bands Oasis (1991–2009) and Beady Eye (2009–2014), and releasing his debut solo studio album As You Were (2017)
- Releasing 7 studio albums with Oasis – Definitely Maybe (1994), (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? (1995), Be Here Now (1997), Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (2000), Heathen Chemistry (2002), Don’t Believe the Truth (2005), Dig Out Your Soul (2008), and 2 studio albums with Beady Eye – Different Gear, Still Speeding (2011), and BE (2013)
Liam Gallagher released his debut solo studio album titled As You Were on October 6, 2017, via Warner Bros. Records. The album debuted at number 1 spot in the UK, outsold all of the albums in top 10 of the Billboard UK Albums Chart combined, and was later certified ‘Platinum’ in the UK. One of the producers for the album, Greg Kurstin, won a Grammy Award for “Producer of the Year, Non-Classical” in 2018. The most notable tracks from the album were Wall of Glass, Chinatown, Greedy Soul, Come Back To Me, and I’ve All I Need.
As a part of the rock band Oasis, Liam Gallagher released his debut studio album titled Definitely Maybe on August 28, 1994, and it quickly became the fastest selling British debut album ever. It achieved a 7x certified ‘Platinum’ status by the BPI with over 2.1 million sales and sold more than 8 million copies worldwide. It consisted of 11 tracks, out of which Supersonic, Shakermaker, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Rock ‘n’ Roll Star, and Live Forever were the most prominent.
As a part of the band Beady Eye, Liam Gallagher released his debut studio album titled Different Gear, Still Speeding on February 28, 2011, which debuted at number 3 on the UK Albums Chart and sold just under 67k copies in the 1st week. It consisted of 13 tracks, with the most notable being Bring the Light, Millionaire, The Beat Goes On, The Roller, and Four Letter Word.
Liam Gallagher made his theatrical film debut as himself in the musical documentary Live Forever: The Rise and Fall of Brit Pop in 2003.
First TV Show
Liam Gallagher made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode of the talk-show The Word on March 18, 1994.
Liam Gallagher Favorite Things
- People – John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Madonna
- Band – The Beatles
- Sport – Soccer
- Soccer Club – Manchester City Football Club
- Animal – Cat
- Movies – Quadrophenia (1979), Trainspotting (1996), Seven (1995), Scarface (1983)
- TV Shows – Total Wipeout, Big Brother, Coronation Street
- Heartbreak Song – Perfect Day by Lou Reed
- Personal Quote – “I believe in paralleled dimensions, mate. People always say there’s two sides of the coin, but what about the third side? The bit in the middle? That’s what I’m into.”
Liam Gallagher Facts
- Liam’s parents divorced when he was 12 years old, and he was physically abused by his father as a child.
- He and his brothers left with his mother when he was 10 years old, and Liam didn’t stay in touch with his father throughout the years.
- Liam was troubled as a teen and even stole bicycles from local shops.
- He wasn’t interested in music growing up and preferred to play soccer. However, after he got a blow to the head with a hammer from a guy from a rival school, he suddenly became obsessed with joining a band.
- Liam started listening to bands such as The Who, The Stone Roses, The Jam, T.Rex, and The Beatles in his teens and soon became obsessed with John Lennon of The Beatles.
- In 2017, he claimed that if it weren’t for pop singer Madonna, he would never have entered the music industry. It was her song Like a Virgin that piqued his interest.
- Liam had a love-hate relationship with his brother Noel, who he was in Oasis with, and who wrote most of the songs for the band. They often insulted each other, then made up, and got back into arguments, which ultimately led to the band’s separation in 2009. As of late 2018, they weren’t on good terms.
- In 1992, he gave the model Kate Moss black Adidas Samba shoes, which she wore on occasion even up to 2016. She jokingly said that Liam had the same shoe size as her, which was speculated to be somewhere between 6 and 8 US.
- British music magazine Q named him the greatest frontman of all-time via the reader’s poll in 2010.
- In 2013, Liam claimed he replaced his drug addiction with shoe obsession, and collected more than 100 pairs of Adidas shoes. However, he gave most of them to charity but kept between 20 to 30 of his favorite pairs.
- Liam met Mick Jagger from The Rolling Stones at a party. He tapped him on the shoulder and immediately did an impression of him, saying it made Mick respect him more.
- He has a cat named Nancy.
- Liam is a big fan of the animated TV series SpongeBob Squarepants that began airing in 1999.
- On a list of the wittiest people in British history by the satellite channel Dave, he was 10th, right behind Brian Clough and William Shakespeare. Oscar Wilde was the 1st.
- His clothing brand, Pretty Green, named after the song of the same name by The Jam, was named “Menswear Brand of the Year” at the Drapers Awards event in 2010.
- He was a fan of Michael Jackson, but only when he was a part of the band, Jackson Five.
- He believes in aliens.
- Liam is a big fan of aftershave products. He uses Christian Dior and Victoria’s Secret’s Very Sexy: For Him.
- At his home in Henley-On-Thames, England, he has his own bar, stocked with booze to be used on special occasions.
- His signature stature while singing, with a hunched posture and arms behind the back, was because it allowed him to project more vocal power.
- Liam’s favorite song by his band Oasis is Life Forever (1994). He didn’t write it, but because it outlasted other tunes, it became his top pick.
- His ex-wife, Patsy Kensit, was a back-up singer on his song All Around The World (1998).
- One of his well-known tracks, Ain’t Got Nothin, was written after he had a hotel brawl with a businessman in Munich, Germany in 2002.
- Liam said that if he were to die, a song Natural Mystic by Bob Marley (1977) was to be played at his funeral. The song was recorded for the album Exodus that year, after an assassination attempt at Bob Marley and his wife that happened in December 1976.
- In September 2021, Liam fell out of his helicopter after performing the headline set at the Isle of Wight Festival and suffered numerous facial injuries.
- Visit his official website @ liamgallagher.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, iTunes, YouTube, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Petful / Flickr / CC BY-2.0