|Liv Hewson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1995|
Liv Hewson is an Australian actor and playwright, best known for their role as Abby Hammond in the Netflix TV series, Santa Clarita Diet (2017-2019). They have also had notable roles in TV series such as Dramaworld (2016) as Claire Duncan and Back in Very Small Business (2018) as Ashley Piper, as well as in web series, Homecoming Queens (2018) as Chloë Reeson.
- Canberra, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, United States
They attended Alfred Deakin High School in Deakin, Australian Capital Territory, Australia. After graduating, Liv enrolled in Canberra College in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
They started acting as part of the Canberra Youth Theatre in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia. In 2014, they also attended an acting workshop in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Father – Tony Hewson (Psychologist)
- Mother – Angela Hewson (Public Servant)
- Siblings – Byron Hewson (Younger Brother). They have 2 other brothers.
Liv Hewson is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Aran Michael Management (Talent Agent) in Armadale, Victoria, Australia
- Mosaic (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Narrative PR (Publicist) in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
- Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
They have also dyed their hair ‘Black’ in the past.
Liv identifies as gay and is also non-binary.
- Freckled face
- Pale complexion
Liv Hewson Favorite Things
- Netflix TV Series – The Umbrella Academy
- Genre To Watch On TV – Stand-Up Comedy
- Stand-Up Comedy Specials – John Mulaney, Maria Bamford, Ali Wong
- Mythology – Greek
- Fairytale – The Myth of Persephone
- Greek Goddess – Athena
- Play – 4.48 Psychosis (2000) by Sarah Kane
Source – BriefTake.com, CrushFanzine.com
Liv Hewson Facts
- They were born in the city of Canberra but grew up in Canberra’s suburb of Hughes.
- Growing up, they watched a lot of American TV shows such as Futurama (1999-2013) and The Simpsons. It was this experience that allowed them to easily master acting with an American accent.
- They grew up with gender dysphoria. It is a condition when someone feels anxious or depressed because they don’t identify with the gender they’ve been assigned at birth.
- By the time they enrolled in high school, they knew they weren’t straight.
- Liv felt a massive relief when they finally came across the term “non-binary.” They stated the sensation felt like someone punched them in the face.
- Liv came out as gay at the age of 16, is non-binary, and uses pronouns they/them.
- As a playwright, their work is based on retellings of mythology and fairytales but with a “queer and dark slant.”
- Liv had the chance to play a non-binary character for the 1st time in their career in the indie film, Under My Skin (2020).
- In the acting industry, they have always looked up to Cate Blanchett.
- A TV series that left a big impression on them is The Sopranos (1999-2007). They also couldn’t stop looking at James Gandolfini‘s face and his performance.
- One of the things they miss about Australia when they are in the United States is coffee. Australians always put chocolate dust on cappuccino and Americans don’t.
- A thing they want everyone to know about them is that at any given time, they have “about 5% of a clue of what they’re doing.”
- Their secret talent is pouring a shot accurately without a measuring glass. They also know a few tricks with aerial silks.
- They have a German shepherd named Bonny.
Featured Image by Liv Hewson / Instagram