|LIVVIA Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1994|
LIVVIA is an American singer and songwriter who has released several popular non-album singles such as Parachute (2014), OXO (2015), Only (2016), Catch a Body (2018), Gratitude (2018), and Dizzy (2019). The first 2 of the aforementioned songs had both peaked at number 1 on the US Dance charts. She had released her debut EP titled Olivia Somerlyn in December 2010, as an independent artist. She was only 16 years old at that time.
Olivia Somerlyn Hollins Christensen
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
LIVVIA, after her high school graduation, had attended the University of California, Berkeley. She had graduated from there in 2018 with a degree in economics.
She is represented by –
- Kevin Jonas, Sr., General and Business Manager, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brian Manning, Booking Agent, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Lydia Kanuga, PR Agent, Def Jam Recordings, New York City, New York, United States
Vocals, Piano, Keyboard, Guitar
- Olivia Somerlyn (Independent)
- 12 Tone Music Group
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Long, straight hair
- She was born and raised in San Francisco and had developed a love for songwriting in her childhood. During her high school days, she would frequently commute to Los Angeles and stay there over the weekend to attempt to work with writers and producers in the music industry. Convinced of her talents, her parents had then decided to permanently shift to Los Angeles.
- Her 2014 song titled Parachute had peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart and was later remixed by several artists. For the music video of the song, she had wanted to perform her own stunts. However, the producers, looking at the complexity of the stunts, had eventually hired a professional stunt double for the shoot. The song was shot in a desert just outside of Los Angeles and LIVVIA had designed her own costume for the video.
- Later that year, she was shortlisted as one of the 25 finalists for the annual iHeartRadio Rising Star Program, where young singers compete to earn a chance to perform at the annual iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. She had made it to the ‘Top 5’ of the competition. The same year, she had been chosen as the featured performer at Sony Pictures Classics‘ annual Oscar Pre-Awards dinner party.
- In August 2016, music video director Paul Gore was accused of lifting the concept and design for the music video of Katy Perry‘s global chartbuster Rise, directly from the video of Parachute. He had denied the allegations.
- Until 2018, she had been using Olivia Somerlyn as her stage name which she officially changed to LIVVIA that year. Her first single under the new name, Catch a Body, had peaked at number 10 on Spotify‘s ‘US Viral 50’ list and number 15 on the ‘Global Viral 50’ list.
Featured Image by LIVVIA / Instagram