|Lori Lightfoot Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1962|
Lori Lightfoot is an American attorney and politician who became the 56th mayor of Chicago, Illinois, in May 2019. Before this, she had held various government positions in Chicago and had served as president of the Chicago Police Board and chair of the Chicago Police Accountability Task Force. She had also worked in private legal practice as a partner at Mayer Brown, a global law firm that has its largest offices being in Chicago, Washington, D.C., New York City, Hong Kong, and London.
Lori Elaine Lightfoot
Massillon, Stark County, Ohio, United States
Logan Square, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Lori had attended the Massillon Washington High School in her hometown of Massillon. After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of Michigan, a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan. There, she had earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science in 1984, graduating with honors.
A few months after this, she had joined the University of Chicago Law School, the professional graduate law school of the University of Chicago, a private research university in Chicago. She had graduated from there with a Juris Doctor degree in 1989.
- Father – Elijah Lightfoot (Factory Worker, Janitor)
- Mother – Ann Lightfoot (Nighttime Healthcare Aide, School Board Member)
- Siblings – Brian Lightfoot (Older Brother). She has 2 other older siblings.
- Others – Raleigh Lightfoot (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Pierce (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Lowery (Maternal Grandfather), Annie Ruth Davis (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lori has dated –
- Amy Eshleman (2014-Present) – Lori had married a former Chicago Public Library employee named Amy Eshleman on May 31, 2014. They had later adopted a daughter named Vivian.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Diminutive, mildly stocky frame
- Frizzy, afro hair
- Affable smile
Lori Lightfoot Facts
- Lori, while studying at Washington High School, was a trumpet player in the school band, a choir singer, a point guard on the basketball team, a volleyball player, a softball player, and a yearbook editor. She had also been elected the high school class president thrice.
- After her high school graduation, to pay her college fees, she used to work several odd jobs which had included working as a resident assistant, as a cook for a school’s football team, and factory jobs.
- While she was an undergraduate, her older brother Brian had been arrested in connection with a bank robbery and the shooting of a security guard. She had once mentioned in an interview that her choice to join a law school around the same time was not because of her brother’s legal troubles. Her major motivation was getting a job that could provide her with financial independence.
- When she was elected the mayor of Chicago in May 2019, she had become the first LGBT black woman to have been elected mayor of a major city in the United States. She had also become just the 2nd female representative and just the 3rd African-American representative to have been elected mayor of Chicago.
Featured Image by Lori Lightfoot / Instagram