|Lucas Moura Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1992|
Lucas Moura is a Brazilian professional soccer player known for his successful career. His immense talent was all too well evident when he broke into the São Paulo side. He managed to impress the leading European clubs and managers with his electric performances. In fact, he was heavily pursued by Manchester United‘s legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who even opened up on his disappointment on missing out on Moura as PSG’s Qatari financial muscles proved to be too powerful even for Manchester United.
Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva
São Paulo, Brazil
London, England, United Kingdom
Lucas Moura started his soccer journey with the youth setup of Juventus-SP. In 2002, he joined the youth academy of Brazilian heavyweight, Corinthians. In 2005, he joined their fierce cross-town rivals São Paulo FC on a scholar contract.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Jorge Rodrigues (Civil Servant)
- Mother – Maria de Fatima da Silva Moura (Professional Hairdresser and former Athlete)
- Siblings – Thiago Moura (Brother)
Lucas Moura is represented by Wagner Ribiero, the co-founder of the soccer agency, MJF Publicidade e Promoções.
Winger, Attacking Midfielder
- 7 – São Paulo FC, Paris Saint-Germain, Brazil National Team
- 29 – Paris Saint-Germain
- 17 – Paris Saint-Germain
- 27 – Tottenham Hotspur
- 20 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lucas Moura has dated –
- Larissa Saad (2015-Present) – Moura started going out with Larissa Saad in 2015. They had been close friends for about 4 years before they officially started going out. They were set up on a date by their mutual friend, Thiago Nicacio, who works as a lawyer with Moura. After having dated for about 3 months, she moved to Paris to live with him. They got married in 2016 and towards the end of 2017, she gave birth to their son.
Race / Ethnicity
Short trimmed hairdo
Lucas Moura has inked an endorsement deal with sportswear giant, Adidas. Due to the deal, he only wears Adidas footwear for his professional matches. He also promotes their products through his social media activity.
Lucas also appeared in a TV commercial for Adidas in 2014.
He was raised in a Catholic household and while growing up, he regularly used to attend Our Lady of Aparecida church. He was also baptized at the age of 3. As an adult, he has retained his faith.
Best Known For
His successful stint with the French club, Paris Saint-Germain. Over the course of 6 seasons, he made 230 appearances and scored 46 goals. He won 4 Ligue 1 titles and 3 Coupe de France cups during his stay with the club.
First Soccer Match
- In 2010, he made his professional debut with his hometown club, São Paulo FC. In his debut season, he made 25 appearances in which he scored 4 goals and recorded 4 assists.
- He made his professional debut for Paris Saint-Germain in January 2013 in a 0-0 draw against AC Ajaccio.
- Moura made his first appearance for Tottenham Hotspur in February 2018 in a UEFA Champions League match against Juventus. He was sent in as a late substitute in the match.
- In March 2011, he made his first international appearance for Brazilian National Team in a friendly match against Scotland.
- Technical Ability
- Ball Control
- Often loses concentration during matches
First Web Show
Other than the broadcast of his football matches, Lucas Moura made his first web show appearance on the French documentary web series, Quickies, les questions brèves d’e-penser in 2016.
Lucas Moura Facts
- In the summer of 2012, he was heavily pursued by Manchester United and Inter Milan. However, Paris Saint-Germain eventually won the transfer competition and signed him for the transfer fee of €45 million (£38 million). In September 2013, he scored his first goal for the French club in a league match against Bordeaux. His side won the match by 2-0.
- At the start of 2014-15 season, he was handed the iconic number 7 jersey after Jérémy Ménez moved to AC Milan.
- In January 2018, he was signed by Tottenham Hotspur for the transfer fee of around £25 million. He signed a 5-year contract with the club which guaranteed his stay with the London-based club until 2023.
- He scored his debut goal for Tottenham Hotspur in an FA Cup match against Rochdale in February 2018. The match ended in a 2-2 draw.
- In his final season with São Paulo FC, he won Copa Sudamericana title. He was watched by the scouts of the leading European clubs as he sizzled in the tournament.
- He managed to win a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with the Brazilian National Team.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Dilma Rousseff / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0