|Devi Sri Prasad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Devi Sri Prasad is an Indian music director, music composer, singer, and lyricist who is one of the highest-paid music composers in the Telugu film industry. He has worked on more than 100 films in a career spanning more than 2 decades and is best known for his work as the music director/composer of several popular songs that were featured in Telugu and Tamil-language films such as Devi (1999), Manmadhudu (2002), Arya (2004), Bhadra (2005), Dasavathaaram (2008), Singam (2010), Alex Pandian (2013), Veeram (2014), Nannaku Prematho (2016), Rangasthalam (2018), and Pushpa: The Rise (2021). Devi Sri Prasad has also performed as a playback singer and written the lyrics for numerous songs that have been featured in the aforementioned and other films. Besides, he has worked as the music director/composer of a few songs that have been featured in Hindi and Kannada-language films as well.
Gandham Devi Sri Prasad
Vedurupaka, Rayavaram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
He splits his time between Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, and Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Devi Sri Prasad had attended the Sir M Venkata Subba Rao Matriculation Higher Secondary School in T. Nagar, one of the busiest shopping districts of Chennai.
Music Director, Music Composer, Singer, Lyricist
- Father – Gorthi Sathyamurthy (Screenwriter, Novelist, Film Director) (d. December 2015)
- Mother – Seromani
- Siblings – Gandham Sagar (Younger Brother) (Singer, Lyricist), Padmini Priya Sagar (Younger Sister)
- Others – Mounica Sagar (Sister-in-Law), Devi Meenakshi (Maternal Grandmother), Prasada Rao (Maternal Grandfather)
Filmi, World Music, Pop Rock, Hard Rock, Folk, Bollywood, Indian Pop
Vocals, Keyboard, Shehnai, Piano, Mandolin, Harmonium, Drums, Guitar, Violin
- Aditya Music
- Lahari Music
- Sony Music India
- Zee Music Company
- Ayngaran Music
- Junglee Music
- Think Music
- Magnasound Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Devi Sri Prasad has dated –
- Pujita Ponnada – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Devi Sri Prasad Facts
- He was named Gandham Devi Sri Prasad after his maternal grandparents – Devi Meenakshi and Prasada Rao.
- Although he was born in Andhra Pradesh, he grew up mostly in Madras (now known as Chennai), the capital city of the neighboring state of Tamil Nadu.
- Culturally inclined from a very young age due to his father’s-association with the film industry, Devi Sri Prasad used to win several prizes at the inter-school level in both dance and singing competitions.
- Before he broke into the South Indian film industry as a music composer, his career had kicked off in 1997 when he composed one of the 8 tracks on the highly popular studio album called Dance Party.
- He was honored by the American state of Illinois with its then governor declaring July 26, 2014, as ‘Devi Sri Prasad Day’ while he was performing at Now Arena, a multi-purpose facility in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, a northwest suburb 25 miles away from Chicago.
- That performance at Now Arena was a part of his debut international concert tour – a series of events held from July 4, 2014, to August 2, 2014, across various cities in the United States and Canada.
- As of April 2023, Devi Sri Prasad had earned 9 accolades at the Filmfare Awards South and 7 honors at the SIIMA (South Indian International Movie Awards).
Featured Image by Devi Sri Prasad / Instagram