|Lukas Podolski Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1985|
Lukas Podolski is a German football player who started playing for the Japanese club Vissel Kobe in 2017. He is known as one of the best finishers of his generation and has played for successful clubs like Cologne, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, and Galatasaray (Turkish club). Lukas has more than 4 million followers on Twitter, more than 5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 7.5 million followers on Facebook.
Łukasz Józef Podolski
Poldi, Prinz Poldi
Gliwice, Upper Silesia, Poland
Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Professional Football Player
- Father – Waldemar Podolski
- Mother – Krystyna Podolska (Played for the Poland National Handball Team)
- Siblings – Justyna Podolska (Older Sister)
Lukas is represented by the Fair Play Career Management in Cologne.
10 – Vissel Kobe
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lukas has dated –
- Monika Puchalski (2006-Present) – In April 2011, Lukas married his girlfriend Monika Puchalski in Germany and followed it with a Polish church ceremony in June 2011. The couple welcomed son Louis Gabriel Podolski on April 14, 2008, and daughter Maya Podolski on June 6, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish and German ancestry.
Tattoos such as 4 stars and the word ‘Weltmeister’ (Champion) on his chest, a picture of his son Louis’ face on the left side of his chest, Louis’ date of birth on his wrist, Cologne tattoo on his right arm, daughter Maya’s name on his right wrist, FIFA World Cup trophy on his left arm, shirt number ’10’ on his left wrist
Lukas has endorsed the following brands –
- Monster Blaster
Lukas Podolski Favorite Things
- Football Team – Cologne
Source – DailyMail.co.uk
Lukas Podolski Facts
- He was eligible to play for both Polish and German national teams, due to his dual citizenship. He wanted to represent the Polish football team but was rejected by then-coach Pawel Janas. Nevertheless, he had a successful career in the German national team and helped Germany win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He supports the Polish football club, Górnik Zabrze, which is in close proximity to his place of birth.
- In 2017, Lukas opened an ice cream joint called Ice Cream United in Cologne. The next year in 2018, he opened a kebab restaurant called Mangal Döner in Cologne as well.
- In May 2013, he scored a goal in under 9 seconds in a friendly win against Ecuador (4-2). The goal was the second-fastest international goal of its time behind Davide Gualtieri of San Marino, who found the net in 8.3 seconds in a 1993 match against England.
- Lukas was awarded the ‘FIFA World Cup Best Young Player’ award in 2006.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0