Madison L. Hubbell
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Madison Hubbell went to the Laurel Springs High School and graduated in 2009. She then got enrolled at the Owens Community College.
- Father – Brad Hubbell (Lawyer)
- Mother – Susan Hubbell (Seamstress)
- Siblings – Keiffer Hubbell (Older Brother) (Ice Dancer), Zachary Hubbell (Older Brother) (Ice Dancer)
Madison Hubbell is represented by David Baden of International Management Group.
Pasquale Camerlengo, Anjelika Krylova, Natalia Annenko, Yaroslava Nechaeva, Yuri Chesnichenko (Former)
Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Romain Haguenauer
Marie-France Dubreuil, Samuel Chouinard
Pasquale Camerlengo, Anjelika Krylova, Yaroslava Nechaeva, Yuri Chesnichenko (Former)
Lansing Skating Club, Gadbois Centre
Detroit Skating Club, Ann Arbor FSC (Former)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madison Hubbell has dated –
- Zachary Donohue – In May 2011, it was announced that Madison would partner Zachary Donohue for their events. As per the reports, they started dating about 6 months after becoming partners. They reportedly dated for about two and a half years before deciding that they were better off as professional partners. However, they had no regret over dating as they believed it helped them connect on a deeper level and improved their performances. In her other interviews, she has claimed that their quest for gold at the Olympics led to the end of their relationship as they wanted to solely focus on their performances and avoid any distraction.
- As per an article on Team USA website that was published in November 2017, Madison is in a relationship with someone based in Montreal. The article that also carried her interview quotes failed to reveal the identity of her new boyfriend. It was later revealed that her boyfriend was Adrian Diaz.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde locks
- Toned figure
Madison Hubbell has used her strong social media presence to promote a number of products and brands through her online activity.
Best Known For
Being one of the most successful and decorated American female ice dancers of her generation. She has won multiple trophies including Nebelhorn Trophy, Four Continents, and US National Championship.
First TV Show
In January 2018, Madison Hubbell made her first TV show appearance on the news talk show, Today.
Madison trains for hours daily to make sure that she is in the best shape to deliver great performances. When preparing for events, she starts training at 6:30 in the morning with warmup session, after which she has a training session that lasts little under 2 hours.
She heads to the gym at noon for her private strength and weight training workout, which lasts for about an hour. She usually trains with a bodybuilder and focuses on strengthening her muscles. Madison has also added gyrotonic and Eldoa to her workout. She believes the latter helps create space in joints, which is essential for injury prevention and improved efficiency. She has also added breathing exercises to her workout routine.
In the late afternoon, she has group high-intensity interval training (HIIT) session with other skaters. In case, she has private HIIT sessions with her trainer, they try to combine cardio with strength training in an hour-long session.
When it comes to diet, she focuses on eating whole foods. However, she is not obsessed with calorie counting. She refrains from consuming gluten and dairy and focuses on eating a lot of veggies and fruits. Her daily diet is as follows
- Breakfast – 3 egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. She also adds half a cup of berries and a cup of coffee with almond milk or soy to her meal.
- Lunch – Almonds and raw veggies
- Dinner – Chicken breast, some broccoli, and sweet potato
Madison Hubbell Favorite Things
- Childhood Inspiration – Kristi Yamaguchi
- Greatest Influence – Keiffer Hubbell
Source – NBC Olympics
Madison Hubbell Facts
- While growing up, she had tried ballet and skating along with other several activities but nothing excited her like skating practices did.
- Her costumes are designed and made by her mother, who had been doing it for about two decades.
- Her first biggest breakthrough in her sport was winning a Junior Grand Prix competition with her brother.
- In her free time, she likes to play tennis. Madison also loves playing volleyball.
- In 2014, she had to endure an injury nightmare as she suffered a labrum tear in her left hip. After undergoing a surgical procedure, she had to spend 6 months in the rehabilitation process.
- If she hadn’t become an ice dancer, she would have loved to get into a med school and become a forensic pathologist.
- She started skating at the age of 4. By the time she reached the age of 8, she was participating in ice dancing.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Madison Hubbell / Instagram