|Bob Harper Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1965|
Bob Harper is an American personal trainer, author, and reality television personality who is best known for his appearance on the television series The Biggest Loser. Bob has worked as a personal trainer for several celebrities such as Jennifer Jason Leigh, Ellen DeGeneres, and Ben Stiller. In 2015, Ben was announced as the host of The Biggest Loser and he has also served as an advisor on The New Celebrity Apprentice. He launched his website “mytrainerbob.com” in 2010 and later released his first workout DVD series, Bob Harper: Inside Out Method in May 2010. Bob has published numerous books such as Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss, The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin, The Super Carb Diet, and many more.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Bob Harper was enrolled at the Austin Peay State University in Clarkesville. However, he left the University before graduation.
Post that, he worked to get a certification as a personal trainer from the American Fitness Training of Athletics. He also took classes to get a certification from the Aerobic and Fitness Association of America.
Personal trainer, television personality, author, amateur photographer
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bob Harper has dated –
- Reza Farahan – In his 2015 interview, Harper revealed that he has dated actor Reza Farahan in the past. He later posted a picture of them together on Twitter accompanied by the revelation that they dated in the 90s.
- Anton Gutierrez – Bob Harper and Anton Gutierrez’s relationship was confirmed after they were spotted kissing in November 2015 in West Hollywood. They followed it up by appearing in Oprah: Where are they now? However, they have decided to keep origins of their relationship firmly under the wraps.
Race / Ethnicity
- Numerous body tattoos
- Medium stubble beard
Bob Harper has starred in a series of commercials for the Daily Burn, a fitness and health website.
He has also done brand endorsement work for TurboTax, a tax preparation software.
Bob was featured in print adverts for his own Smart Weight Loss Starter Kit set.
He has also starred in series of social cause The More you Know adverts.
Best Known For
- Having served as the weight loss trainer in the reality TV series, The Biggest Loser.
- Having worked as a personal trainer for famous celebrities such as Ellen DeGeneres and Ben Stiller.
First TV Show
In 2005, he made his TV show debut on the reality game show The Biggest Loser as a trainer (himself).
Bob hits the gym 6 days a week. Depending on his fitness needs and his desire to explore, he keeps changing his workout routines regularly. He goes for lifting and does high-intensity exercises when he wants to add muscle mass and cranks cardio up when he feels there is some holiday indulgence to be taken care of.
Later, he fell in love with CrossFit workouts because no other workout style could challenge him in his more than two decades of stay in the fitness industry. His favorite type of CrossFit workout is the chipper workout, in which you don’t focus on performing as many reps as possible of exercises but try to finish a set number of reps. This type of workout takes longer to finish, so makes your heart work harder for a longer period. You can find one such workout here.
Bob is also a big fan of yoga. He also tries to fit other physical activities such as cycling, running and snowboarding in his routine.
When it comes to diet, he has been as disciplined as anyone. However, after suffering a heart attack, he has switched to the Mediterranean diet to lower risks of any heart problem in the near future.
Bob Harper Favorite Things
- Tattoo – His hand tattoo that has a skull on the heart and it is surrounded by a spider web
- Place – Paris
- Books – Just Kids by Patti Smith
Source – People.com, USMagazine.com
Bob Harper Facts
- Bob is obsessed with tattoos and has got two sleeves full of tattoos including a tattoo of “Our Lady of Guadalupe” on his left forearm and a tattoo of a skull right in the middle of his chest.
- In 2010, he adopted a rescued dog, who was found on the streets of Baldwin Hills, California. The dog is possibly of Havanese mix and has been his only pet since then. He named him Karl after fashion designer, Karl Lagerfeld.
- In May 2016, the former Biggest Loser contestant Joelle Gwynn accused him of giving her weight loss drugs during the show. He, however, has refuted these claims and has stated that he is always dedicated to the well-being of contestants.
- In a 2013 episode of The Biggest Loser, he came out as a gay while trying to help a gay contestant deal with his sexuality. He had told his family that he was gay at the age of 17 but didn’t address his sexuality publicly until that episode.
- He loves riding motorbikes. Also, he can’t stand a dirty car.
- Once, while on his way to the airport, he forgot his wallet at home. He managed to convince security and other airport officials to let him take the flight despite not having an ID.
- He is color blind.
- Despite being one of the most popular personal trainers, he has still hired a personal trainer to help him in the gym.
- He is an accomplished fitness and weight loss writer. His books including Skinny Meals, The Skinny Rules and Jumpstart to Skinny, have been featured on the NY Times bestseller list.
- In 2010, the animal rights organization PETA declared him the sexiest male vegetarian of the year. He turned vegan that same year. However, he dropped the vegan diet in 2013.
- In 2010, the Farm Sanctuary, an American organization which works to protect farm animals, made him the national spokesman for the Walk for Farm Animals campaign.
- He turned down an opportunity to work in the reality TV series, The Swan because he didn’t want to become part of the show that focused on plastic surgery as a means of personal improvement.
- In February 2017, he suffered a cardiac arrest after his gym workout. He had stopped breathing and was saved by gym doctors, who performed CPR and used small doses of electric shocks to revive his heart.