|Maia Cotton Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 17, 1999
Maia Cotton is a model who was discovered in her mid-teens via Instagram. Since then, she has managed to grab modeling gigs with the leading fashion brands such as Victoria’s Secret and American Eagle. She got her biggest break after she was selected to walk the runway at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. She has also steadily built her following on various social media platforms.
New York, United States
Maia Cotton went to the Palmerston North Girls’ High School.
- Father – Shane Cotton (Artist)
- Mother – Luanne Cotton
Maia Cotton is represented by –
- 62 Models
- Chic Management
- The Lions – New York
- The Lions – Los Angeles
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Maia Cotton has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Twenty Seven Names
- VS Pink
- Victoria’s Secret
- GHD Australia and New Zealand
Best Known For
- Having done modeling work for the popular fashion brands such as Victoria’s Secret Pink, American Eagle Outfitters, and Forever 21
- Being featured in the established publications such as Glitter Magazine and Denizen
Maia Cotton has made it a point to workout first thing in the morning to ensure that she is in the right shape for her modeling projects. She has opted to create a dynamic and diverse workout regime, which includes training with her boxing coach Rob Piela at Gotham Gym.
She has also signed up for Cyc Fitness classes, which is essentially an indoor cycling workout done at the high tempo on peppy beats. When she is bored with above-mentioned workouts, she heads to a barre class.
She makes sure that she is eating healthy to keep herself toned and her skin glowing. She also makes it a point to drink a lot of water throughout the day. Her daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – A bowl of porridge topped with fresh fruits
- Lunch – Egg white omelet with a side of roasted veggies
- Dinner – Broccoli and chicken with roast kumara
- Snacks – Cashews or a fresh fruit
Maia Cotton Favorite Things
- Skincare Products – Dermalogica gel cleanser, Bioderma cleansing micellar water, Clarins SPF 15 day cream, Glossier’s Invisible Shield sunscreen, and Urban Detox facial
- Makeup Products – Giorgio Armani silk foundation, Urban Decay’s Better Than S*x mascara, Benefit’s Gimme Brow, ModelCo lip gloss
- Haircare Products – Botanique range of shampoo and conditioner
- Go-To Nail Paint Color – Nude Pinkish Brown
- Fragrances – Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
- Beauty Blog – Gritty Pretty
- Food Spots In New York City – Bluestone Lane, Spot Dessert Bar, Jack’s Wife Freda, Oficina 1M, The Elk, and Van Leeuwen’s Ice Cream
- Workout Classes In New York City – Pure Barre, Cyc Fitness, Gotham Gym, and Fly Barre
Source – Stuff, GlobalReverieOnline.com
Maia Cotton Facts
- She was discovered at the age of 15 by Andrea Plowright, who worked with Auckland-based agency 62 Models. Plowright had seen Cotton’s pictures on Instagram. Plowright got in touch with Cotton’s mother and asked her to get in touch with her to discuss her daughter’s modeling career.
- Before she was discovered, she dreamed of getting into the fashion industry. But, she never thought that she would become a model.
- Her father was made an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit in recognition of his services to arts in 2012.
- She has taken formal dance training.
- In September 2018, she revealed that she had been selected to walk the runway at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Maia Cotton / Instagram