|Majel Barrett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1932|
Majel Barrett was an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who was best recognized for her role as Nurse Christine Chapel in the original Star Trek series as well as for appearing as Lwaxana Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Majel Leigh Hudec
Majel Barrett, The First Lady of Star Trek, First Lady of Star Trek, M. Leigh Hudec
She was born on February 23, 1932.
Majel Barrett passed away on December 18, 2008, at the age of 76 due to leukemia in Bel Air, California, United States.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Majel Barrett studied at Shaker Heights High School and graduated in 1950. Afterward, she attended the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. She had also taken acting lessons.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – William Hudec (Cleveland Police Officer)
- Mother – Gladys V. (Cotterman)
Majel Barrett was represented by Roddenberry Productions, Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Majel Barrett had dated –
- Gene Roddenberry (1967-1991) – She started dating Gene Roddenberry, television screenwriter, producer, and creator of the original Star Trek television series, in 1967 while he was still married to his first wife. Later, Majel Barrett and Gene got married on August 6, 1969, in a Shinto ceremony in Japan and their son Zale Eugene Roddenberry (a.k.a. Rod Roddenberry) was born on August 6, 2013. The duo remained married until his death on October 24, 1991.
Race / Ethnicity
Majel Barrett was of Bohemian/Czech descent on her father’s side and had German and English ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Usually sported short hairstyles
- Charming smile
Majel Barrett Facts
- Her father was killed in the line of duty on August 30, 1955, while she was touring with an off-Broadway road company.
- She made her theatrical film debut as a Shampoo Demonstrator in the 1957 satirical comedy film, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?, but her role went uncredited.
- Majel Barrett’s first credited theatrical film appearance came in the 1958 drama film, As Young as We Are, in which she played the role of Joyce Goodwin. She co-starred in the film alongside Robert Harland, Pippa Scott, Ty Hardin, Barry Atwater, and Carla Hoffman.
- She did voiceover work for numerous projects including Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Nemesis.
- In 2002, Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett were honored by the Space Foundation with the Douglas S. Morrow Public Outreach Award for their work creating awareness of and enthusiasm for space.
- Her funeral was attended by celebrities such as Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, and Wil Wheaton.
Featured Image by Taric Alani / taric25.livejournal.com / Wikimedia