|Marina Sirtis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1955|
Marina Sirtis is a well distinguished British-American film, television, and voice actress who came to prominence with her role as Counselor Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation from 1987 to 1994. Thereafter, she portrayed the character in Star Trek: Voyager (1999,2000) and Star Trek: Enterprise (2005). Besides that, she has starred in more than 2 dozen other TV shows such as The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1986), Make It or Break It (2010), and Grey’s Anatomy (2011).
The beautiful actress hailing from Great Britain also earned herself a pre-eminent place on the silver screen with the Star Trek film franchise. She has also been noted for her appearance in several other films like The Wicked Lady (1983), Death Wish 3 (1985), Spectres (2004), Crash (2004), and The Deep Below (2007). Nevertheless, Marina is also a talented voice actress who is known for having lent her vocals to the character of Demona in Gargoyles (1994–1996, 1997), Queen Bee in Young Justice (2010–12, 2018), and as Cosma in OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes. With time, Marina has also garnered a huge fan base with more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Rina, Imzadi, The Chick
Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between the United Kingdom and the United States.
Marina studied at the Tottenham High School for Girls in London. After that, she began attending the Guildhall School of Music and Drama from where she graduated in 1976.
Later, she joined the Connaught Theatre in Worthing, West Sussex.
Actress, Voice Actress
- Father – John Sirtis
- Mother – Despina Sirtis (Tailor’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Steve Sirtis (Younger Brother) (Soccer Player)
Marina is represented by –
- Polaris Entertainment
- Mina Productions, Inc.
- Innovative Artists
- Geneva Bray of GVA Talent Agency, Inc.
- Bohemia Entertainment Group
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marina has dated –
- Michael Lamper (1992-Present) – Marina married musician and rock guitarist Michael Lamper on July 21, 1992. Marina’s Star Trek co-stars Michael Dorn who played Lieutenant Worf and Brent Spiner who played Lieutenant Commander Data were groomsmen and actress Ann Turkel was her maid of honor on the day of her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Greek ancestry.
- Seductive deep voice
- Voluptuous figure
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Marina has appeared in commercials for several brands including Cinzano (1979).
Best Known For
- Being cast as fictional character Deanna Troi in the shows Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994), Star Trek: Voyager (1999, 2000), Star Trek: Enterprise (2005), and films Star Trek: Generations (1994), Star Trek: First Contact (1996), Star Trek: Insurrection (1998), Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
- Her cameo appearance in various hit shows like The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1986), Make It or Break It (2010), and Grey’s Anatomy (2011)
- Her prominent appearance in the films The Wicked Lady (1983), Death Wish 3 (1985), Spectres (2004), Crash (2004), and The Deep Below (2007)
- Lending her vocals to several characters such as Demona in Gargoyles (1994–1996, 1997), Queen Bee in Young Justice (2010–12, 2018), and as Cosma in OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes
Marina made her debut theatrical film appearance as actor Alan Bates‘s girl in The Wicked Lady in 1983.
First TV Show
Marina made her first TV show appearance as Faustina in Raffles in 1977.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as Demon and various other characters like Margot and Ms. Destin in Gargoyles in 1994.
Marina Sirtis Favorite Things
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Episode – Season 6’s Face of the Enemy (1993)
- Football Team – The Spurs
- Place To Travel To – Greece
- Dish To Cook – Youvetsi
- Country Genre Musician – Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert
- Designer – Tom Ford
Source – Wikipedia, ShoesAndStarships.com
Marina Sirtis Facts
- She was raised in Harringay, North London and spent 31 years of her life there before moving to the United States in 1986.
- Her parents were strictly against her decision to study acting. However, she continued to proceed with her passion.
- Marina settled in Los Angeles in order to hone in on her skills in acting.
- Her mother worked as an assistant to a tailor.
- She started following her passion during her teenage years after she had joined the Royal Shakespeare Company. Nevertheless, she made her first theater acting debut with the play Hamlet which was organized by the Thomas Worthington High School Theatre Repertory.
- Marina was getting ready to return to Great Britain as her visa had expired when she was offered the role of “Deanna” over the phone.
- Initially, Marina had auditioned for actress Denise Crosby’s role as “Lieutenant Tasha Yar” and Denise had auditioned for “Deanna Troi”. However, screenwriter, producer and the creator of the original Star Wars series switched their roles with one another while confirming their roles with them.
- When Marina told her mother Despina, that she was to play the role of Deanna, her mother found it hard to believe. She also thought Marina was making it up so that she did not have to return to Great Britain. It was only after she saw a Deanna Troi trading card during season 4 of Star Trek: The Next Generation that she believed her.
- While working on the Star Trek series actor Jonathan Frakes and she had become close friends. Jonathan played the role of her on and off lover “Commander Riker”.
- In the Star Wars series, she plays the role of a half-human and half-Betazoid who can read the emotions of people. She is also the only one of her kind who can kill a person with her mind. She had also worn a black colored set of lens. Hence, earning her the name black-eyed beauty.
- She originally had a Cockney accent. However, according to reports, after living in the United States for many years, she had developed an Americanized accent.
- In the past, it was announced that Marina would be returning as Deanna Troi in Star Trek: Picard.
- Sirtis played a villainous role in Gadgetman (1996) and Diagnosis: Murder (1998).
- Besides Star Wars, Marina also starred in several other Syfy shows and films like The Outer Limits (1999), Earth: Final Conflict (1999), and Stargate SG-1 (2000).
- As a well-known actress, Marina was worked in shows and films of various genres like political, comedy, psychological thriller, and horror.
- In an interview with Shoes & Spaceships, Marina mentioned that she had been associated with the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah for more than 20 years.
- Marina has lent her voice to the characters of various hit games like Elena Dragunova in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (2017) and Matriarch Benezia in Mass Effect (2007).
- Besides acting, Marina is a blogger and a wonderful chef who shares step-by-step recipes on her official website.
- Marina is a big supporter of the sport of soccer. Her younger brother is a soccer player who plays in Greece.
- During the 2017 “Star Trek Las Vegas” reunion, Marina spoke up about how she was threatened to be replaced by Paramount Pictures when she asked for a raise. According to her, the people in charge told her, “We are going to fire you and hire Jeri Ryan.” While she told them, “Well Jeri Ryan won’t do it for that money, that is for sure”.
- Her surname “Sirtis” is pronounced as “SIR-tiss”.
- There are many action figures based on Marina as her character Deanna Troi.
- She has a dog named Dennis.
- Visit her official website @ marinasirtis.tv.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0