|Emma Dumont Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1994|
Emma Dumont is a multi-talented American star who, apart from acting, has also excelled in ballet and has worked with some of the most prestigious ballet schools such as Joffrey Ballet School and the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow, Russia. She is also a skilled violinist who has performed with the Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestras. Plus, she has a keen interest in Robotics. She has also been cast in the lead roles in Bunheads and Aquarius. In 2017, she was also cast in an important role in the Fox series, The Gifted.
Emma Noelle Roberts
Seattle, Washington, United States
Emma Dumont went to Washington Middle School. Then, she got enrolled at James A. Garfield High School but soon dropped out as she found it difficult to balance it with her acting and modeling work. Instead, she decided to go for homeschooling. She has also studied at the Orange County High School of the Arts in the Music and Theater Conservatory.
For her ballet training, she had enrolled at the Pacific Northwest Ballet School. She also went to Cornish College of the Arts and Spectrum Dance Theatre School. Plus, she took summer classes at Joffrey Ballet School, American Ballet Theatre, and the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow, Russia.
Actress, Model, Dancer
Emma Dumont is represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment (Talent Management Company)
- Agency for the Performing Arts (Talent and Literary Agency)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emma Dumont has dated –
- Lukas Gage (2017) – Towards the end of 2017, Emma Dumont was linked with actor Lukas Gage. It was claimed that they had grown closer while working for the web series, [email protected]. The fact that they were sharing pictures with each other gave more fire to the relationship rumors. However, it has been publicly maintained that they are just good friends and co-stars.
Race / Ethnicity
She often dyes her hair ‘green’.
She has also used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- Skyn Iceland
- Velvet Eyewear
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Melanie Segal in the ABC comedy-drama series, Bunheads
- Being cast in the role of Emma Karn in the NBC crime drama series, Aquarius
- Being cast in an important role in the Fox sci-fi superhero series, The Gifted, which is based on Marvel Comics’ X-Men universe
In 2009, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, True Adolescents. She was 12 years old when the movie was released.
First TV Show
In 2012, Emma Dumont made her first TV show appearance in the pilot episode of the ABC Family comedy-drama series, Bunheads.
Emma Dumont Favorite Things
- Food – Cake
- Movie – Fight Club (1999), Billy Elliot (2000)
- Band – The Dresden Dolls, The Adicts, The Presidents of the United States of America
- Passion – Dance
- Influences – Lady Gaga, James St. James, Melissa Leo, Svetlana Zakharova
- Actress – Melissa Leo
Source – IssueMagazine.com
Emma Dumont Facts
- She started her ballet training at the age of 3 and over the years, she has worked with some of the most prestigious ballet companies and academies.
- She started performing in the community theatre at the age of 6. She initially performed at Seattle Public Theatre and Seattle Musical Theatre.
- As a part of her musical theatre training, Emma has spent 4 summers at the 5th Avenue Theatre.
- She started her violin training at the age of 4 and has become a skilled violinist over the years. She has performed with the Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestras and the Glendale Youth Orchestra.
- Emma was a member of the team that participated in FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics event. Her team was sponsored by NASA /JPL and Walt Disney Imagineering.
- She was introduced to robotics in 2011 through the FIRST Tech Challenge. She was a member of the team called Team 25, which was sponsored by Girl Scout.
- At the age of 15, Emma developed a keen interest in roller derby skating. She has also got enrolled in the Los Angeles Derby Dolls training programs.
- Her roller derby skating background was used in a 2013 episode of her popular TV show, Bunheads.
- She is a member of Mensa, which is the largest and the oldest high IQ society in the world. Those who score 98 percentile or higher on standardized, supervised IQ tests or any other approved intelligence tests are allowed admission to the group.
- In January 2010, she managed to win a model search contest organized by V Magazine. This win helped her bag a representation contract from Ford Models. She was also featured in the March 2010 issue of the magazine.
- In 2010, she made her debut at the New York Fashion Week. She subsequently got opportunities to model in Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Tokyo, China, and New York.
- Emma started her modeling career at the age of 3 or 4. Her mother’s friend was a makeup artist and she asked her to get Emma into modeling.
- At the age of 13, she was scouted by a modeling agent on the bus. She started traveling for modeling assignments by the age of 14.
- She moved to Los Angeles at the age of 16 and was booked for an NBC /Fox Pilot. Soon after, she was cast in Bunheads.
- Follow Emma Dumont on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Emma Dumont / Instagram