|Sakshi Tanwar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sakshi Tanwar is an Indian actress who became a household name across the country for portraying the lead character of Parvati Aggarwal in the long-running Hindi-language soap opera Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (2000-2008). She is well-recognized for her work in other drama TV series as well such as playing Maya Sanjay Mittal in Kutumb (2000-2003) and Priya Sharma in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain (2011-2014). She has also acted in several Hindi and Marathi language films, her most notable works being the portrayal of Nabila in Katyar Kaljat Ghusali (2015) and Daya Kaur in Dangal (2016).
Alwar, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As Sakshi’s father held a transferrable job, she did her schooling from several Kendriya Vidyalaya (a systemized network of premier central Government schools in India) institutions across the country. She then graduated from the renowned Lady Shri Ram College for Women in New Delhi.
- Father – Rajendra Singh Tanwar (Retired Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Officer)
- Siblings – Rajeev Singh Tanwar (Older Brother), Seema Tanwar (Older Sister)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sakshi has dated –
- Samir Kochhar (2015) – Rumor
In October 2018, Sakshi became a single mother as she adopted a 9-month-old girl named Ditya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Has a mole above her lips and one near her right eye
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Sakshi Tanwar Facts
- In 1990, Sakshi, after finishing her pre-university course, had worked as a sales trainee at a 5-star hotel. During her college days, she was the President and the Secretary of her institution’s dramatic society.
- After her college graduation, while she was preparing for the entrance examinations to the Indian administrative services, she had auditioned for and was selected to host Albela Sur Mela, a songs-countdown based program on Doordarshan, the national broadcaster of India.
- For her portrayal of Parvati Aggarwal in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (2000-2008), she won the ‘Best Actress in a Lead Role’ award at the 2003 Indian Telly Awards and the ‘ITA Milestone Award’ at the 2010 Indian Television Academy Awards.
- She reprised the character of Parvati Aggarwal, via cameo appearances in special episodes or crossover events, in several other Indian drama TV series and soap operas such as Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi… (2003-2008), Kavyanjali (2005-2006), Viraasat (2006), Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2006), Karam Apnaa Apnaa (2006), and Kahiin To Hoga (2006).
- For her portrayal of Priya Sharma in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain (2011-2014), she won the ‘Best Actress – Drama (Jury)’ award at the 2011 Indian Television Academy Awards, the ‘Best Actress in a Lead Role (Jury)’ award at the 2012 Indian Telly Awards, and the ‘Best Actress in a Drama Series’ award at the 2012 Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards.
- In April 2013, she was voted in the ‘Top 5’ in a poll on the ‘Most Trustworthy Celebrities in India’ that was conducted by Ormax Media, a research and survey organization.
Featured Image by Sakshi Tanwar / Instagram