|Srividya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1953|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Srividya was an Indian actress who was predominantly known for her work in the Malayalam and Tamil language film industry. Nevertheless, she had appeared in more 800 films between 1966 to 2006.
Srividya was born on July 24, 1953.
She died on October 19, 2006, due to spine cancer in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India
- Father – Vikatam R. Krishnamurthy
- Mother – M. L. Vasanthakumari (Carnatic Musician, Playback Singer )
- Siblings – Sankararaman (Brother)
- Others – Kuthanur Ayya Swamy Iyer (Maternal Grandfather), Lalithangi (Maternal Grandmother) (Musician)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Srividya in a relationship with –
- Kamal Haasan
- George Thomas (1978-1980) – Srivdiya got married to assistant director George Thomas on January 19, 1978. She was even baptized prior to her marriage. However, the couple decided to legally part ways in 1980. Through the years of her wedlock, she resided in Chennai, after which she relocated to Thiruvananthapuram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Raised eyebrows
- Round face shape
- Her restraint and subtlety in the portrayal of varied emotions
- She was born and raised in Tamil Nadu alongside her older brother Sankararaman.
- Around the time of Srividya’s birth, her father lost the use of his facial muscles after being diagnosed with a disease not known off. Hence, he was forced to quit his acting career. Following that, her family went into debt.
- Her mother singlehandedly worked to make ends meet during her family’s financial struggler. Srividya had once stated that her mother did not have the time to breastfeed her.
- Srividya was very young when she made her debut in acting in the Tamil language film Thiruvarutchelvar in 1967.
- According to sources, Srividya had once received a marriage proposal from a scientist who had been living in the United States at the time. However, nothing came of it as her family was financially restrained at the time.
- She was a trained classical vocalist.
- Srividya had worked with well-known actor Kamal Haasan in a number of films including Annai Velankanni, Unarchigal, and Apoorva Raagangal.
- After getting married to George Thomas, Srividya wanted to be a homemaker, however, George had forced her into going back into the profession of acting due to financial issues.
- During a biopsy that took place in 2003, she was diagnosed with spine cancer. 3 years later, on August 17, 2006, she succumbed to her disease.
- Srividya was cremated at the Brahmana Samooham crematorium in Karamana, Thiruvananthapuram.
Featured Image By Wikimedia