Ryan Steven Lochte
Reezy, The Lochtenator
Rochester, New York, USA
Lochte went to Spruce Creek High School from where he later graduated in 2002. After his high school graduation, Ryan continued his education at the University of Florida. In 2007, Lochte achieved a bachelor degree in sports management.
- Father – Steven R. Lochte
- Mother – Ileana Ike Lochte (nee Aramburu)
- Siblings – Kristin Lochte (Older Sister), Megan Lochte (Older Sister), Devon Lochte (Younger Brother), Brandon Lochte (Younger Brother)
Ryan is signed with Zenga Sports Agency, LLC.
Backstroke, butterfly, freestyle, medley
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Lochte dated –
- K. Michelle (2012) – In the period from April 2011 to July 2011, Ryan dated the American singer K. Michelle.
- Olivia Culpo (2012) – In 2012, Lochte was RUMORed to have had a fling with an American model Olivia Culpo.
- Blair Evans (2012) – RUMOR
- Carmen Electra (2013) – In March 2013, Ryan had a fling with an actress Carmen Electra.
Race / Ethnicity
Ryan’s mother is of Spanish and Basque descent while his father has German, Dutch and English ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Muscular body
- Wears diamond-encrusted grills
Ryan Lochte’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Ryan has signed endorsement deals with Speedo, Mutual of Omaha, Gatorade, Gillette, Procter and Gamble, Nissan, Ralph Lauren, and AT&T.
Also, Lochte has been seen on the front pages of several magazines including Vogue, Time, Men’s Journal and Men’s Health.
Best Known For
Winning several gold medals at the Olympic games. He is considered as one of the best swimmers in the last two decades especially because he set numerous world records in the individual medley, backstroke, and freestyle swimming.
First Swimming Competition
Lochte had his Olympic debut at the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. As a member of USA’s team, Ryan won a gold medal in 4×200 meter freestyle relay.
Ryan has not appeared in a feature film yet. However, he has performed as Ryan Lochte in the short movie The Olympic Ticket Scalper (2012).
First TV Show
Other than swimming matches itself, Ryan has appeared in one episode of the reality TV series Stroke Kings in 2011 as himself.
In order to be able to achieve what Ryan has, over the years of his professional swimming career, you got to seriously look at your physical preparation. This doesn’t mean that an athlete only needs to lift heavy weights, but instead, it means that he has to cover all the aspects of being in tip-top shape such as eating healthy, working on recovery, muscular development, etc.
Lochte’s muscular body speaks enough about his preparation as an athlete. It is known that Ryan spends around 5 hours a day of intense swimming in which he is able to cover 16 km of distance. However, the times when athletes would enter the swimming pool, do their swimming workouts and achieve greatness are over. Nowadays, competitive swimmers like Lochte go through comprehensive programs which help them in a long term.
We managed to find a couple of videos on Ryan’s training which can be seen on the following links –
Ryan Lochte Favorite Things
- US City – Daytona Beach, Florida
- International Destination – Rome (in Italy)
- Musician – Lil Wayne
- Summer Activity – Beach Volleyball
- Movie – Up in Smoke (1978)
- TV Series – The Simpsons (1989-)
Source – USASwimming.org
Ryan Lochte Facts
- As a kid, Lochte lived in Canandaigua, New York before his family decided to shift to Florida because of his father’s opportunity to work as a swimming trainer.
- Ryan started swimming at the age of five. He was often ejected from his father’s swimming classes because of his bad behavior.
- Lochte’s desire to be a professional swimmer came after he lost at the Junior Olympics.
- He idolized Pablo Morales who is a gold medal holder at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
- Lochte donates a lot of money to charities.
- Ryan has constructed his own core workout video named “Lochte Hardcore” featuring fitness trainer Matt DeLancey.
- While at college, Ryan was selected for the NCAA Swimmer of the Year award for two times. He was also a seven-time NCAA champion and seven-time SEC champion.
- Lochte won six gold medals at the 2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championship in California.
- He qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London by finishing first in the 400-meter individual medley and 200-meter backstroke. He also achieved second place in the 200-meter freestyle and 200-meter individual medley.
- Lochte won his first gold medal at the 2012 Olympics in London after he managed to secure the first place in 400 meters individual medley with a total time of 4:05.
- Lochte was given the name “platonic ideal of bro-dom” by the National Public Radio.
- Ryan’s character has been a reason for many unflattering internet memes.
- On August 1, 2012, Ryan patented his personal phrase “Jeah” with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- In 2012, he showed his interest to take a part in the popular American dance competition show Dancing with the Stars.