|Maki Horikita Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1988|
Maki Horikita is a Japanese former actress who had starred in several Japanese drama series, dramas, and movies, in a career that had spanned from 2003 until 2017.
Maki Horikita, Homaki
Kiyose, Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
- Siblings – Nanami Hara (Younger Sister) (Instagram Star, Social Media Personality). She has another younger sister.
She is represented by Sweet Power, Talent Management Firm, Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maki has dated –
- Koji Yamamoto (2015-Present) – Maki had become a close friend of actor and singer Koji Yamamoto in May 2015 when they were portraying the character of lovers in the theatrical production Arashi ga Oka (Wuthering Heights). The pair had started dating in June and got married on August 22, 2015. They have 2 children together. On February 28, 2017, Maki had announced her retirement from the entertainment industry stating that she had wished to devote more time to her children and family.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Maki has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Fire Emblem (2003)
- Fujifilm (2004)
She has endorsed numerous brands and products including –
- Suntory Beverages
- NTT DoCoMo
Maki Horikita Favorite Things
- Music Groups/Bands – Yuzu, Exile, One Direction
- Hobbies/Interests – Skiing, Reading, Cycling, Cooking
Source – IMDb
Maki Horikita Facts
- She was a tomboy in her childhood and used to enjoy playing multiple sports, particularly basketball and baseball. She was the vice-captain of the basketball club in junior high school.
- Maki had revealed in an interview that despite her boyishness, she used to always look up to her mother to ascertain what styles and fashion she should follow. She would often go to extreme lengths to imitate her mother completely.
- In 2008, Nihon Monitor had recognized her as one of Japan’s top endorsers in its annual ‘Most Popular Personality in TV Commercials’ study.
- She was one among the 6 female celebrities who would take turns to host Girls Locks!, a segment on the Japanese radio program School of Locks that used to be hosted on Tokyo FM. During her turn as the host, she would often share book recommendations with her listeners and would call some letter-senders to discuss their questions. She used to host the show at 10 pm, every 3rd or 4th week of the month. She had started co-hosting this program in the mid-2000s and had continued until 2009.
- Around this time, she had also dabbled in voice acting. Her debut in the genre was an anime voice for one of the characters in the animated motion picture Nobita and the Green Giant Legend (2008). She had also lent her voice to the protagonist Luke in Professor Layton, a puzzle adventure video game series and transmedia franchise.
- In 2009, she had dubbed for the voice of the protagonist (who is a young male fly determined to explore outer space) in the Belgian 3D animated movie Nat’s Space Adventure 3D/Fly Me to the Moon.
Featured Image by Maki Horikita / Instagram