Mamdouh Mohammed Hassan Elssbiay
Baltim, Kafr El Sheikh, Egypt
He is settled in Kuwait.
IFBB professional bodybuilder
- Siblings – He has two older brothers
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
134 kg or 295 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mamdouh is a married man. He also has three children with his oldest child being a girl, who was born on the eve of his debut at the New York Pro Championship 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
- Huge physical presence with rippling muscles
- Broad nose
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 54 in or 137 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 24 in or 61 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Mamdouh has done endorsement work for many supplements and bodybuilding related brands such as GAT Sport and Gorilla Wear.
He has advertised for Eat Smart on social media.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular middle eastern bodybuilders.
- Having won the New York Pro on his IFBB Pro debut in 2013.
- Having managed to secure the second place in the 2017 Mr. Olympia competition. Phil Heath went on to win the competition.
Mamdouh was seen in the documentary film Generation Iron 2.
Mamdouh usually trains at the Oxygen Gym in Kuwait and often works out for hours on end. His workout routine and devotion to the basics has helped him chart his meteoric and spectacular rise.
For example, for his chest workout, he usually has two complex movements and two isolation movements. However, he often tends to mix up the tempo of his sets. For instance, he follows regular sets with superslow concentric and negative repetitions.
- When it comes to training split, he starts the week with a chest workout.
- On Tuesdays, he works on his quads and hamstrings.
- On Wednesdays, he focuses on his delts.
- The following day, he works his back muscles.
- On Fridays, he ensures that he is working on improving his arms.
- The weekends are usually off as he focuses on his recovery. However, there are occasions on which he squeezes one workout session focused on his hamstrings on the weekends.
To complement his grueling workout regime, Mamdouh makes sure that he is fueling his body right. He eats about 6 to 8 meals a day. However, he doesn’t eat as much as other bodybuilders of his category do.
Mamdouh Elssbiay Facts
- His father was a fisherman.
- He spent many years in Kuwait working as a fisherman for the living.
- While living in Kuwait, he decided to join the Oxygen Gym on a whim. The impressive gains he made in short time made gym owner and promoter Bader Bodai notice him and take him under his guidance.
- He started his bodybuilding journey in 2003. However, seven months later, he had to suspend his training after having suffered a serious injury.
- In the lead-up to his first appearance at the Mr. Olympia competition, he was given training and nutritional advice by IFBB Pro Dennis James.
- At the 2015 Mr. Olympia event, he created the record of being the heaviest bodybuilder to compete in the event. He also became the first participant to weigh 316 pounds.
- In 2010, he started working as a personal trainer at the Oxygen Gym in Kuwait.
Featured Image by Mamdouh Elssbiay / Instagram