|Sara Keirsten Quin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sara Keirsten Quin is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist who is known for being one-half of the Indie pop duo formed in 1998, which is composed of Sara and her sister Tegan Rain Quin.
Sara Keirsten Quin
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist
- Siblings – Tegan Rain Quin (Identical Twin Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Multi-instrumentalist)
- Others – Bruce (Stepfather)
Indie Pop, Indie Folk, Synth Pop, Indie Rock, Pop
Mom & Pop
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note: Sara is married and welcomed her first child in August 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Chiseled jawline
- She has a piercing under her lower lip.
Sara Keirsten Quin Favorite Things
- Ice Cream Sandwich Truck – Coolhaus
Source – Huffpost
Sara Keirsten Quin Facts
- Keirsten was 15 when she started to sing, write lyrics, and play the guitar. It was on a guitar that was owned by her stepfather and found at the bottom of her basement.
- Growing up, she listened to the music of several artists such as Hayden, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Kate Bush, David Bowie, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, and Bruce Springsteen.
- The very first song that Sara wrote was called Tegan Didn’t Go To School Today.
- Initially, Sara and her sister wanted to with the band name “Plunk”. The duo did so as they did not have a bass player and drummer at the time.
- The earliest album that Sara recorded with her sister was in 1997, titled Who’s in Your Band? and Play Day.
- They won their first-ever competition in 1998, at Calgary’s “Garage Warz”. After that, they changed their group’s name several times, which included Sara and Tegan, Yellow tape, and Orange tape and Red tape.
- Sara released her debut studio album titled Under Feet Like Ours on April 6, 1999, which included the hit track This Business of Art. Since then, she has gone on to release various other albums that include This Business of Art (2000), If It Was You (2002), So Jealous (2004), Sainthood (2009), Heartthrob (2013), Love You to Death (2016), and Hey, I’m Just Like You (2019).
- With her sister, she has performed at various well-known music festivals including Mariposa Folk Festival 2001, Sarah McLachlan’s Lilith Fair 1999, 2010, Coachella 2005, 2008, 2013 Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, Falls Festival, Sasquatch! 2010, Osheaga, and Cyndi Lauper‘s True Colors Tour 2008.
- She has toured with several well-known artists including Bryan Adams, Ryan Adams, Weezer, Ben Folds, Jack Johnson, the Black Keys, Gogol Bordello, Paramore, the Jezabels, An Horse, Steel Train, and Holly Miranda.
- Sara and Tegan are both activists for the LGBTQ community.
- In 2012, she and her sister Tegan were featured on the cover of Under the Radar magazine’s “Protest” edition.
- She considers her musical band influences to be Green Day, Nirvana, and Hole.
- In April 2022, Sara parted ways with Warner Bros. Records and instead signed with Mom & Pop records.
Featured Image By Sara Keirsten Quin / Instagram