Manika Grace Ward
Manika (Pronounced as Ma-NEE-ka)
Manika was born in 1993.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
She is based in Los Angeles, California.
But she often travels back to her hometown of Las Vegas.
Manika went to the Henderson International School in Henderson, Nevada. She graduated from the high school at the age of 17 as a valedictorian.
Singer, songwriter, rapper
- Father – Wallace Ward
- Mother – Grace Ward
- Siblings – Unknown
Manika is managed by her father Wallace Ward.
Her earlier manager Frank DiLeo passed away in 2011.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Manika has remained tight-lipped about her private life in her interactions with the media, which makes it difficult to dig anything out about her dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Spanish, and Malaysian heritage.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
Manika hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having served as the opening act for One Direction’s North American tour in 2011.
- Having served as the host of the TLC reality TV show Global Beauty Masters.
- The popularity of her singles such as Vegas Party, B.Y.O. Bugatti, and I Might Go Lesbian, which ranked highly on various music charts.
In 2013, Manika released her debut studio album, MANIKA Double Album.
Manika has played the role of karaoke singer #3 in the family comedy Running 4 President in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2012, Manika acted in the family show The Jadagrace Show as Manika in 12 episodes.
Singer Manika’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Manika Favorite Things
- Influences – David Guetta, Michael Jackson, P!nk, Zedd, Kesha, Eminem, Steven Tyler, Nicki Minaj
- TV Shows – Cash Cab, Cupcake Wars, and MythBusters
Source – Facebook, Ifelicious.com
- Her name Manika has been taken from the Tagalog dialect of Philippines. Her name translates to Doll in English and was given to her by her mother, who has part Filipino ancestry.
- Manika has a pet Maltese dog, whom she has named Angel.
- She went on to win Outstanding Performance Award at the National Performing Arts Festival in New York City for three consecutive years.
- At the age of 16, she permanently moved to Los Angeles to focus on her music career. Before that, she had to bounce between Las Vegas and LA.
- At the age of 15, she published her book, The Exciting Adventures of Boo. The proceeds from the sale of her book were donated to the ASPCA Animal Shelter.
- She got her first big breakthrough after music executive Frank DiLeo discovered her after seeing her great performances at National Performing Arts Festival held in New York City.
- She is very active as a social activist and often leads campaigns to distribute books to the needy children. She also visits Children’s Hospitals, where she reads for young patients.
- Singer Manika was once an active promoter of the Nike’s Reuse-A-Shoe recycling drive.
- While growing up, she learned to play guitar and piano on her own.
- Visit her official website @ manika-music.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, iTunes, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Joshua Seymour / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0