|Manika Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1993|
Manika is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, television host, and author. Her discography consists of albums, tracks, and extended plays like The Middle of Hollywood, Just Can’t Let You Go (ft. Lil Twist), MANIKA Double Album, Vegas Party, Good Girls, My Way, B.Y.O.Bugatti, and How Can I Love.
Manika Grace Ward
Manika (Pronounced as Ma-NEE-ka)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
She is based in Los Angeles, California.
But she often travels back to her hometown of Las Vegas.
Manika went to the Henderson International School in Henderson, Nevada. She graduated from high school at the age of 17 as a valedictorian.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, TV Host, Author
- Father – Wallace Ward
- Mother – Grace Ward
Manika has been managed by her father Wallace Ward.
Her former manager Frank DiLeo passed away in 2011.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
47 kg or 103.5 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Spanish, and Malaysian heritage.
- Petite figure
- High cheekbones
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
Best Known For
- Having served as the opening act for One Direction’s North American tour in 2011
- Having served as the host of the TLC reality TV show Global Beauty Masters
- The popularity of her singles such as Vegas Party, B.Y.O. Bugatti, and I Might Go Lesbian, which ranked highly on various music charts
In 2013, Manika released her debut studio album, MANIKA Double Album.
Manika played the role of karaoke singer #3 in the family comedy Running 4 President in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2012, Manika acted in the family show The Jadagrace Show as Manika in 12 episodes.
Manika Favorite Things
- Influences – David Guetta, Michael Jackson, P!nk, Zedd, Kesha, Eminem, Steven Tyler, Nicki Minaj
- TV Shows – Cash Cab, Cupcake Wars, and MythBusters
Source – Facebook.com, Ifelicious.com
- Her name Manika has been taken from the Tagalog dialect of the Philippines. Her name translates to Doll in English and was given to her by her mother, who has part Filipino ancestry.
- Manika has a pet Maltese dog, whom she has named Angel.
- She went on to win the Outstanding Performance Award at the National Performing Arts Festival in New York City for three consecutive years.
- At the age of 16, she permanently moved to Los Angeles to focus on her music career. Before that, she had to bounce between Las Vegas and LA.
- At the age of 15, she published her book, The Exciting Adventures of Boo. The proceeds from the sale of her book were donated to the ASPCA Animal Shelter.
- She got her first big breakthrough after music executive Frank DiLeo discovered her after seeing her great performances at National Performing Arts Festival held in New York City.
- She is very active as a social activist and often leads campaigns to distribute books to needy children. She also visits Children’s Hospitals, where she reads to young patients.
- Singer Manika was once an active promoter of Nike’s Reuse-A-Shoe recycling drive.
- While growing up, she learned to play guitar and piano on her own.
- Some of her musical influences include Avril Lavigne, P!nk, and Alanis Morissette.
Featured Image by Joshua Seymour / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0