|Manny MUA Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1991|
Manny MUA is an American makeup artist known for his makeup tutorials that he often posts on his self-titled YouTube channel, where he has more than 5 million subscribers. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Pretty Vulgar Cosmetics, Clinique, ASOS, and Estée Lauder. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 6 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
San Diego, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
After graduating from high school, Manny Gutierrez got enrolled at the San Diego State University. He graduated from the university with a bachelor’s degree.
He later got enrolled in a pre-medical school on his parent’s insistence. However, he dropped out as he decided to follow his passion.
- Father – Manny Gutierrez Sr.
- Siblings – He has 2 younger brothers.
Manny MUA handles his representation work on his own.
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Manny MUA has dated –
- Patrick Starrr (2016) – In November 2016, Manny and fellow beauty vlogger Patrick Starrr sent their fans into a meltdown after Patrick shared a wedding picture of them together. He even shared a couple of other pictures and in one of them, they were seen holding hands in front of a wedding minister. However, they later revealed that it was just an introduction to the wedding makeup series that he had created. They even shared a video of the wedding makeup tutorial soon after.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Mexican ancestry.
- Elongated chin
- Hazel eyes
In 2017, Manny Gutierrez was selected as the brand ambassador for Maybelline.
He has also used his immense social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Pretty Vulgar Cosmetics
- KKW BEAUTY
- Estée Lauder
- Lilly Lashes
Best Known For
- Being one of the most iconic and popular male makeup vloggers on YouTube. He has more than 5 million subscribers on his official YouTube channel.
- His strong presence on various other social media platforms. He has more than 5 million followers on his official Instagram account.
First TV Show
In 2017, Manny MUA made his first TV show appearance on Access Hollywood.
Manny MUA Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – L’Oréal’s Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation, Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer Murumuru Butter Bronzer, Milani Make It Last Makeup Setting Spray, Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nude Lipstick
- Spirit Animal – Alyssa Edwards (Drag Queen)
- Social Media Personalities – Wayne Goss, Chrisspy, Marlena from Makeup Geek, and Daisy Perkins
- Disney Movie – The Little Mermaid (1989)
Source – Allure, YouTube
Manny MUA Facts
- In April 2017, the People magazine included Manny in their “Most Beautiful People” list. He was the only man to be featured on the popular annual list.
- He holds the distinction of being the first man to be selected to headline a promotional campaign for the cosmetic giant, Maybelline.
- Manny got interested in makeup in his childhood after watching his mother do makeup regularly.
- He started his popular YouTube account in July 2014 and since then, he has earned more than 4 billion views on his videos.
- Before earning success as a makeup vlogger, he used to work at MAC and Sephora.
- He has collaborated with Makeup Geek to launch his exclusive range of eye-shadow palette. He has also partnered with Ofra Cosmetics to create a line of lip products.
- In 2017, Manny and his friend Jeffree Star collaborated for Star’s makeup brand. Soon after, they were slapped with a lawsuit by Black Moon Cosmetics citing trademark and copyright infringement. They later settled the lawsuit.
- In his teens, he was sent to a therapy to change his homosexual tendencies. However, his parents allowed him to discontinue therapy after 6 months as he had got depressed because of the ineffective treatment.
- He has been diagnosed with vitiligo, which is a skin condition that is characterized by patches of skin losing pigment.
- In the early phases of his YouTube career, he was guided by Instagram beauty star Patrick Simondac. He was also inspired by Patrick to start his channel.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Manny MUA / Instagram