|John DiMaggio Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1968|
John DiMaggio is an American actor and voice actor who has gained immense popularity for his role as Bender Bending Rodriguez in the animated science fiction sitcom named Futurama and this role also won him the 2001 Annie Award for “Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting by a Male Performer in an Animated Television Production”. Some of his other voiceover roles include Dr. Drakken in Kim Possible, Jake the Dog in Adventure Time, Aquaman in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Rath and Aggregor in Ben 10, King Zøg in Disenchantment, Hammerhead and Sandman in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Scotsman in Samurai Jack, and Brother Blood in Teen Titans.
John William DiMaggio
North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
He divides his time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
John DiMaggio studied at North Plainfield High School and after graduating high school, he got enrolled at Rutgers University, a public research university based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Actor, Voice Actor
6 ft 3½ in or 191.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John DiMaggio has dated –
- Kate Miller (2014-Present) – In 2014, he got married to actress and voiceover artist Kate Miller.
Race / Ethnicity
John DiMaggio is of Italian-American descent.
Salt and Pepper
- New Jersey accent
- Sports a goatee
John DiMaggio Facts
- He was raised in North Plainfield, New Jersey.
- Alongside the likes of Billy West, Katey Sagal, and Lauren Tom, John DiMaggio was included in the lead cast of Futurama on which he provided vocals to the character of Bender Bending Rodriguez, a foul-mouthed, heavy-drinking, cigar-smoking, kleptomaniacal, misanthropic, egocentric, ill-tempered robot manufactured by Mom’s Friendly Robot Company.
- In 1999, he portrayed the character of Steve Ballmer, a businessman and investor who served as the chief executive officer of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014, in the biographical drama television film, Pirates of Silicon Valley.
- He appeared as Boat Captain in an episode titled Leap Day of the mockumentary family sitcom, Modern Family, in 2012.
- Apart from his voice acting talents, he is also a talented beatboxer.
- Over the years, John DiMaggio has also done voice roles for video games like T’ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger, Crash Nitro Kart, Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku, X-Men Legends, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Gears of War, Crash of the Titans, The Simpsons Game, Afro Samurai, Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Halo Wars 2, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- John is not related to the late baseball center fielder Joe DiMaggio.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0