|Marianne Jean-Baptiste Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1967|
Marianne Jean-Baptiste is an English actor, theatre artist, voice actor, singer, songwriter, composer, director, and producer who is known for her roles like Hortense Cumberbatch in the drama film Secrets & Lies, Vivian Johnson in the CBS police procedural drama series Without a Trace, FBI Assistant Director Bethany Mayfair in the crime drama series Blindspot, Ellen Coles in the romantic drama film The Wedding, Annette in the Netflix musical drama series Soundtrack, Elizabeth Wright in the political action thriller series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Naomi in the action thriller film Takers, Sharon Bishop in the crime drama series Broadchurch, Deputy Chief Joy Lockhart in the crime thriller series Training Day, Doreen Lawrence in the true-crime drama film The Murder of Stephen Lawrence, and Gloria Cruz in the psychological thriller series Homecoming. She has also been cast in many other shows and movies like Private Practice, The 24 Hour Woman, How to Get Away with Murder, London Kills Me, Loving You, Sons of Anarchy, Secrets in the Walls, How to Make the Cruelest Month, Spy Game, A Murder of Crows, The Cell, 28 Days, The Bake Shop Ghost, City of Ember, RoboCop, The Moment, Peter Rabbit, and Fatman.
Marianne Ragipcien Jean-Baptiste
Camberwell, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is classically trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and has performed at the Royal National Theatre.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Director, Producer, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor
- Father – Foreman at an event company
- Mother – Worked in old people’s home
She has been managed by –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd. in London, United Kingdom
- Untitled Entertainment in California, United States
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her songs have been released under the label EMI Classics. She hasn’t herself signed with the record label.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marianne Jean-Baptiste has dated –
- Evan Williams (1997-Present) – She has been married to ballet dancer Evan Williams since 1997. They have 2 daughters, Pascale Williams (b. April 1997) and Leyla.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong charismatic personality
- Mostly does positive roles
34-30-32 in or 86-76-81 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Marianne is best-known for The Cell (2000) and Spy Game (2001).
She is also known for her character of Hortense Cumberbatch in the drama film Secrets & Lies (1996), and as Vivian Johnson on the series Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009.
Her 2015 ITV crime drama series Broadchurch in which she played the character of Sharon Bishop QC is also amongst her notable works.
She made her acting debut in 1991 with Once Upon A Time as a babysitter.
First TV Show
Marianne’s first TV show was ITV crime drama series Cracker in which she played Marcia Reid in just 1 episode.
Marianne is a talented writer and music composer. She has recorded a blues songs album and her composition includes the musical score for Career Girls (1997).
Marianne does not have a personal trainer.
To avoid snacking and consuming extra calories, she takes home-cooked food to work and avoids eating out. She is fit even in her late 40s and believes in living a simple life.
Marianne Jean-Baptiste Favorite Things
- Pastime – Painting, drawing, reading, writing, playing music
Source – EUR
Marianne Jean-Baptiste Facts
- In 1996, Marianne gained instant fame in the glamor world with her drama film Secrets & Lies and became the first-ever black female British actor to get a nomination for the Academy (Oscar) award.
- Marianne got into a controversy after she claimed racism for being excluded at the Cannes Film Festival from the British talent promotion actor group.
- In 1997, she became the first black female British actor to not get nominated for an NAACP Image Award even though she got an Oscar nomination.
- She performed in Paris for The Suit (Le Costume) play by Barney Simon and Mothobi Mutloatse in 1999.
- Marianne is a reserved person and likes to spend time with near and dear ones.
- For her role in Without a Trace, she was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series” in 2006 and NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” in 2007 and 2008.
- She is not on social media.