|Mark Harmon Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1951|
Mark Harmon is an American actor who rose to fame with his role as Simon Donovan, a secret service special agent in the political drama TV series The West Wing. He is also known for portraying important roles in several films, TV movies, and series including his signature role as Leroy Jethro Gibbs, an NCIS special agent in the American action police procedural TV series NCIS in 2002 and for his roles in films like Comes a Horseman (1978) and Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979).
Thomas Mark Harmon
Silver Fox, Quarterback, Papa Smurf, Gibbs, Charmin Harmon, Papa Bear
Burbank, California, United States
Burbank, California, United States
Mark attended Harvard School and went to Pierce College in Los Angeles for his 2-year associate degree. He later got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Actor, Television Producer & Director
- Father – Tom Harmon (Heisman Trophy-winning football player and broadcaster)
- Mother – Elyse Knox (née Elsie Lillian Kornbrath) (Actress and Artist)
- Siblings – Kristin Nelson (Older Sister) (Actress and Painter) (Deceased), Kelly Harmon (Older Sister) (Actress-Model)
- Others – Louis Amiel/Anthony Harmon (Paternal Grandfather), Rose Marie Quinn (Paternal Grandmother), Marie Felix (Great-Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth (Great-Grandmother), Frederick Kornbrath (Maternal Grandfather), Hermine Sophie Muck (Maternal Grandmother), John DeLorean (Brother-in-Law) (Car magnate) (Deceased), Ricky Nelson (Brother-in-Law) (Deceased)
Mark is represented by –
- Wings Productions, Inc.
- Paradigm Talent Agency
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Karen Carpenter – Singer Karen Carpenter and Harmon started dating in the 1970s and broke up after a few months.
- Morgan Fairchild – Actress Morgan and mark dated each other in 1979 and their relationship came to an end after a brief encounter.
- Cristina Raines (1980-1984) – Mark and Cristina began to date each other in the year 1980. After dating for almost 4 years, they both ended their relationship in 1984.
- Heather Locklear (1984) – After splitting from Raines, Mark dated actress Heather Locklear for a short period of time in 1984.
- Sheree J. Wilson (1985) – Mark and the actress Sheree J. Wilson had a fling in 1985.
- Terri Garber (1986) – Actress Terri Garber and Mark Harmon started dating in 1986, and after a few days, they both ended their relationship.
- Pam Dawber (1986-Present) – Mark and actress Pam Dawber started dating in 1986. After dating for almost 1 year, the couple tied the knot on March 21, 1987. They have 2 sons together named Sean Thomas Harmon (b. April 25, 1988) and Ty Christian Harmon (b. June 25, 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
Mark has 50% Austrian, 37.5% Irish, and 12.5% Alsatian (Combination of French and German) ancestry.
With advancing age, his hair has turned gray.
- Arched Eyebrows
- Bright Eyes
- He has appeared in the TV commercial for Coors Beer more than 20 times.
- Mark acted with his father in a TV commercial which was about Kellogg’s Product 19 cereal. With this commercial, he made his first TV appearance.
- In the 1970s, Mark worked as a national shoe spokesman for the Adidas.
Best Known For
Playing Secret Service Special Agent Simon Donovan in the drama series, The West Wing (2002)
Mark made his theatrical film debut as Billy Joe Meynert in the 1978 film Comes a Horseman.
First TV Show
Mark made his first TV show appearance as Mark Johnson on Ozzie’s Girls in 1973.
To stay fit and healthy, Mark likes to eat nutritious food and follow a healthy routine and workout regime. His workout includes running, Pilates, and other exercises.
Mark Harmon Favorite Things
- Actors – Gary Cooper, Buster Keaton, and William S. Hart
- TV Series – Combat! (1962-1967)
Source – IMDb
Mark Harmon Facts
- He was a part of major college football programs at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- He attended pre-med college for a brief period before shifting in communications.
- Mark served as a lifeguard during his summer job at Laguna Beach, California.
- After completing his studies, Mark decided to serve in Law and Advertising.
- Harmon is a former marathon runner and can run 60 to 70 miles in a week.
- He can play guitar.
- Mark earned a Ford 1928, his first car, at the age of 13.
- He is fond of dogs and had Australian shepherd, a golden retriever, and a bearded collie in the past.
- Mark was declared the 4th most popular actor on prime-time television in 2011.
- In 1973, Harmon fractured his collarbone at the University of California, Los Angeles during a spring practice football scrimmage.
- He became the first actor to play Ted Bundy, the most notorious serial killer in the TV movie The Deliberate Stranger (1986).
- Gary Cooper highly inspires Mark.
- During the filming of Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979), Mark damaged his eardrum.
- Mark is also known as “Quarterback” as his dad didn’t want to call mark by his original name during his football matches.
- Harmon was considered to play Dan Gallagher in Fatal Attraction (1987).
- Before their marriage, Mark and his wife Pam went on a double date with Julianne Phillips and Bruce Springsteen.
- Mark was offered to start his football career professionally, but he declined the offer.
- Mark also had a cat named Arnold.
- Before stepping into acting, mark tried carpentering but couldn’t get success.
- In October 2021, Mark announced his exit from the CBS series, NCIS after 19 seasons.
- Mark Harmon doesn’t have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Angela George / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0