|Mary Lambert Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1989|
Mary Lambert is an American singer, songwriter, and spoken word artist whose discography consists of albums, extended plays, and songs like Heart on My Sleeve, Grief Creature, Bold, Welcome to the Age of My Body, Letters Don’t Talk, She Keeps Me Warm, Dear Jo, Hang out with You, Born Sad, and Secrets. She also worked with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis on a track on their album The Heist as well as served as a featured artist on their LGBTQ rights single Same Love. Her live performances are described as “safe spaces where crying is acceptable and even encouraged.”
Mary Danielle Lambert
Seattle, Washington, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Mary Lambert went to the Mariner High School in Everett, Washington and graduated in 2007.
Mary then joined the Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle to graduate with a Bachelor of Music degree in composition.
Singer, songwriter, spoken word artist, LGBTQ activist, poet
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
- Others – Stuart Douglas Sims (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Mae Mearkle/Merkle (Paternal Grandmother), John David Lambert (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Velta Glover (Maternal Grandmother)
Mary Lambert has been represented by –
- Shoestring Management
- Creative Artists Agency
R&B, spoken word, pop, folk
Vocals, guitar, cello, piano
- Capitol Records
- Tender Heart Records
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm (Approx)
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mary Lambert has dated –
- Michelle Chamuel – Mary Lambert started dating The Voice season 4 runner-up Michelle Chamuel in 2014. They made their relationship officially public by walking the red carpet together at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. The couple later broke up.
- Wyatt Hermansen (2017-Present) – Mary started dating Wyatt Hermansen in 2017. In November 2021, the couple announced their engagement.
Note – Lambert met her first serious girlfriend (unidentified) while she was studying in high school. Her girlfriend was also a part of the same evangelical church and they used to visit the church every Sunday to beg forgiveness for their relationship. They got engaged when they were both 19 years old. However, the relationship didn’t last long after the engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
Mary Lambert is of English and German descent.
Her natural hair color is ‘Auburn.’
However, she often tends to dye her hair ‘Medium Brown.’
- Plump facial features
- Porcelain white skin tone
41-33-44 in or 104-84-112 cm
16 (US) or 48 (EU)
In June 2016, the plus-size clothing company, JCPenney featured Mary in their new commercial alongside some plus-size icons including Gabi Fresh, Valerie Sagun, and Jes Baker.
She was an Evangelical Christian but later walked away from the church due to the church’s negative stance on LGBTQ issues. (via After Ellen)
Best Known For
- For collaborating with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis for the LGBTQ single, Same Love.
- Her staunch and vocal support for the LGBTQ cause.
Mary released her first studio album Heart on my sleeve in October 2014 via Capitol Records. It reached #29 on Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In 2012, her first TV show appearance came in the comedy talk show Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as a guest.
Mary Lambert Favorite Things
- Dream Travel Destination – Italy and France
- Margarita – Ghost chili peppers and fresh flower infused Tequila with peach nectar and smoked sea salt
Source – LA Times
Mary Lambert Facts
- Before making her breakthrough in the music industry, Mary used to work as a bartender as well as a brunch waitress.
- She got an opportunity to collaborate on the Same Love track due to her friend Hollis Wong-Wear, who suggested a struggling songwriter to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis to write the chorus of the song.
- The stupendous success of the Same Love song helped Lambert bag a record label deal with Capitol Records.
- Lambert got a tattoo of the pansies on her left half sleeve as she had never lived in a house with a garden, so decided to put the garden on her arm.
- To escape from her traumatic and abusive household, Mary taught herself to play piano (along with songwriting) at the age of six.
- Mary was molested by her real father and was later emotionally abused along with her brother by her mother’s lover.
- Lambert was sexually assaulted and gang-raped at the age of 17.
- She has been diagnosed with bipolar disease and before the diagnosis, abused alcohol and drugs to cope with the symptoms of her condition.
- Due to depression, she attempted to commit suicide at the age of 19, which inspired her to write the song Saraswati.
- While studying classical composition at Cornish College of the Arts, she aimed to become a middle school music teacher.
- In 2011, she managed to win Seattle’s Grand Slam Poetry Competition.
- In 2013, she published an independent poetry book titled 500 Tips for Fat Girls about a satirical exploration of numerous topics such as sexuality, same-sex relationships, rape, incest, and obesity.
- She released her extended play titled Bold on May 5, 2017, and it included songs like Lay Your Head Down, Love Is Love (ft. Mary Kay Lambert), Hang out with You, and I’d Be Your Wife.