|Macklemore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1983|
Macklemore is an American rapper and songwriter whose discography includes albums, tracks, and mixtapes like The Language of My World, Gemini, Love Not War, Open Your Eyes, Glorious (ft. Skylar Grey), I Don’t Belong in This Club (with Why Don’t We), Good Old Days (ft. Kesha), It’s Christmas Time (ft. Dan Caplen), The Town, And We Danced (ft. Ziggy Stardust), and Marmalade (ft. Lil Yachty). In addition to that, he is also one-half of the hip hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, whose discography consists of albums, songs, and EPs like This Unruly Mess I’ve Made, The Heist, The Vs. Redux, Can’t Hold Us (ft. Ray Dalton), Same Love (ft. Mary Lambert), Downtown (ft. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, and Grandmaster Caz), and Wings.
Benjamin Hammond Haggerty
Professor Macklemore, Macklemore, Ben
Seattle, Washington, United States
Macklemore has attended Garfield High School and Nathan Hale High School.
He obtained his bachelor’s degree from The Evergreen State College in the year 2009.
- Father – William Haggerty
- Mother – Julie Schott
- Siblings – Tim Haggerty (Brother)
- Others – John Edward Haggerty (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Penn Hammond (Paternal Grandmother), John Lawrence Schott, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Rozina/Rosena Marolf (Maternal Grandmother)
Macklemore can be contacted and reached at Macklemore LLC (Company), Seattle, United States.
- Hip Hop
- Alternative Hip Hop
- Hipster Hop
- Pop Rap
Vocals, keyboards, programming, turntables
Macklemore LLC, Bendo
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Macklemore is romantically linked to –
- Saoirse-Monica Jackson – He was romantically involved with Northern Irish actor Saoirse-Monica Jackson in the past.
- Tricia Davis (2006-Present) – The American blonde, Tricia Davis has been in a relationship with the rapper for a long time. The couple started dating in 2006 on January 21. After seven years, they got engaged on January 21, 2013, and tied the knot on June 27, 2015. They have 2 daughters together named Sloane Ava Simone Haggerty (b. May 29, 2015) and Colette Koala (b. 2018). In April 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their 3rd child together. In September 2021, the couple revealed that they had welcomed a baby boy named Hugo.
Race / Ethnicity
Macklemore is known to have Irish, German, English, some Swiss-German, and French-Canadian roots.
- Rapping Style
- Blonde Hair
- Blue Eyes
Macklemore appeared in the Dr. Pepper commercial (2014) along with Ryan Lewis.
Best Known For
Macklemore, in collaboration with producer Ryan Lewis, is known for the singles “Thrift Shop,” and “Can’t Hold Us.”
The duo had their first album The Heist, released on October 9, 2012, which also appeared at number 2 on the US Billboard chart of 200.
Macklemore released an EP titled Open Your Eyes in 2000 under the name Professor Macklemore.
Macklemore dropped “Professor” from his name, and released his first official full-length album, The Language of My World in January 2005. It recorded 15,000 sales in the U.S.
Macklemore has been maintaining a fit body since the start of his career in the year 2000. He attributes his fitness to healthy eating habits. His favorite food is Vietnamese Pho, which constitutes healthy soup, rice noodles, sprouts, and herbs, which fill the stomach, yet does not provide fat-building ingredients.
Macklemore also keeps himself fit to be able to perform on stage for his fans and gathering. Dancing and practicing also help him maintain his physique.
Macklemore Favorite Things
- Food / Cuisine – Vietnamese Pho
- Sports – Baseball
- Influences – Freestyle Fellowship, Aceyalone, Living Legends, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, and Talib Kweli
- Sports Team – Seattle Mariners (Baseball Team), Seattle Seahawks (Football Team)
- Sports Person – Dave Niehaus
- Best Friend – Ryan Lewis
Source – BonAppetit.com, Wikipedia, SheKnows.com
- The music from the radio and ‘Digital Underground’ was the way, through which, Ben Haggerty a.k.a Macklemore got interested in hip hop.
- It was only at the age of 14 that Macklemore started writing lyrics.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis became friends in 2006. In the initial years, Lewis used to promote Macklemore’s photography.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were praised by the famous ‘Rolling Stone’ calling the duo an “indie rags-to-riches story.”
- The February 8, 2013, issue of ESPN Magazine dedicated three pages on Macklemore’s career.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won four Grammy Awards (in the categories, Best New Artist, Best Rap Album (The Heist), Best Rap Song, and Best Rap Performance (“Thrift Shop”)) at the ceremony held on January 26, 2014.
- Macklemore is a supporter of the gay movement. He has voiced his support for LGBT Rights and has also written the song “Same Love” in support of same-sex marriage. The song also condemns homophobia in mainstream hip-hop, society, and mass media.
- The rapper has been criticized for many issues in the past, which also includes his support for 9/11 conspiracy theories.
- Macklemore was a drug addict and went into rehab in August 2008 for drug addiction and alcoholism. He saw improvement in his health and celebrated sobriety for two years, but the drug addiction relapsed in 2011, which he describes in his song “Starting Over.”
- Macklemore dedicated his song “My Oh My” to Dave Niehaus, his favorite sports star from his favorite baseball team, who died in November 2010.
- On September 22, 2017, he released his 2nd solo studio album Gemini and it peaked at number #1 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, and Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart. Also, it was certified ‘Gold’ in the United States (RIAA), Canada (Music Canada), France (SNEP), Australia (ARIA), and Italy (FIMI).
- In December 2017, he announced the co-headlining tour with Kesha titled The Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore. The tour started in Phoenix on June 6, 2018, and ended in Tampa on August 5, 2018.
- In May 2019, Macklemore was honored with the “Stevie Ray Vaughan Award” from MusiCares.
- In 2020, due to the social isolation that took place during the COVID-19 pandemic, Macklemore suffered a near-fatal overdose. He was later hospitalized and eventually recovered from the episode.
- In October 2021, Macklemore released a new single titled Next Year.
- In July 2022, he teamed up with Australian musician Tones and I for a new song titled Chant.
- Macklemore and Windser released a new track titled Maniac in August 2022.
- In March 2023, Macklemore released a new album titled Ben.