Professor Macklemore, Macklemore
Seattle, Washington, USA
Macklemore has attended Garfield High School and Nathan Hale High School.
He obtained his bachelor’s degree from The Evergreen State College in the year 2009.
- Father – Bill Haggerty
- Mother – Julie Schott
- Siblings – Tim Haggerty (Brother)
Macklemore can be contacted and reached at Macklemore LLC (Company), Seattle, USA.
- Hip Hop
- Alternative Hip Hop
- Hipster Hop
- Pop Rap
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Macklemore is romantically linked to –
- Tricia Davis (2006-Present) – The American blonde, Tricia Davis has been in a relationship with the rapper for a long time. The couple started dating in 2006 on January 21. After seven years, they got engaged on January 21, 2013. The couple is expecting a baby in May 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Macklemore is known to have Irish heritage, primarily.
- Rapping Style
- Blonde Hair
- Blue Eyes
Macklemore appeared in the Dr. Pepper commercial (2014) along with Ryan Lewis.
Best Known For
Macklemore, in collaboration with producer Ryan Lewis, is known for the singles “Thrift Shop,” and “Can’t Hold Us.”
The duo had their first album The Heist, released on October 9, 2012, which also appeared at number 2 on US Billboard chart of 200.
Macklemore released an EP titled Open Your Eyes in 2000 under the name Professor Macklemore.
Macklemore dropped “Professor” from his name, and released his first official full-length album, The Language of My World in January 2005. It recorded 15,000 sales in U.S.
Macklemore has been maintaining a fit body since the start of his career in the year 2000. He attributes his fitness to healthy eating habits. His favorite food is Vietnamese Pho, which constitutes healthy soup, rice noodles, sprouts and herbs, which fills the stomach, yet does not provide fat building ingredients.
Macklemore also keeps himself fit to be able to perform on stage for his fans and gathering. Dancing and practicing also helps him maintain his physique.
Macklemore Favorite Things
- Food / Cuisine – Vietnamese Pho
- Sports – Baseball
- Influences – Freestyle Fellowship, Aceyalone, Living Legends, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, and Talib Kweli
- Sports Team – Seattle Mariners (Baseball Team), Seattle Seahawks (Football Team)
- Sports Person – Dave Niehaus
- Best Friend – Ryan Lewis
Source – BonAppetit.com, Wikipedia, SheKnows.com
- The music from the radio and ‘Digital Underground’ was the way, through which, Ben Haggerty a.k.a Macklemore got interested in hip hop.
- It was only at the age of 14 that Macklemore started writing lyrics.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis became friends in 2006. In the initial years, Lewis used to promote Macklemore’s photography.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were praised by the famous ‘Rolling Stone’ calling the duo as “indie rags-to-riches story.”
- The February 8, 2013 issue of ESPN Magazine dedicated three pages on Macklemore’s career.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won four Grammy awards (in the categories, Best New Artist, Best Rap Album (The Heist), Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance (“Thrift Shop”)) at the ceremony held on January 26, 2014.
- Macklemore is a supporter of gay movement. He has voiced his support for LGBT Rights and has also written the song “Same Love” in support of same-sex marriage. The song also condemns homophobia in mainstream hip-hop, society, and mass media.
- The rapper has been criticized for many issues in the past, which also includes his support for 9/11 conspiracy theories.
- Macklemore was a drug addict and went into rehab in August 2008 for drug addiction and alcoholism. He saw improvement in his health and celebrated sobriety for two years, but the drug addiction relapsed in 2011, which he describes in his song “Starting Over.”
- Macklemore dedicated his song “My Oh My” to Dave Niehaus, his favorite sports star from his favorite baseball team, who died in November 2010.