|Ryan Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1988|
Ryan Lewis is an American record producer, DJ, videographer, photographer, graphic designer, music video director, rapper, and songwriter. He is best known for being the one-half of the hip hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, alongside Macklemore. The duo’s discography consists of albums and tracks such as The Heist, Wings, Can’t Hold Us (ft. Ray Dalton), This Unruly Mess I’ve Made, Same Love (ft. Mary Lambert), Thrift Shop (ft. Wanz), White Walls (ft. Schoolboy Q and Hollis), Downtown (ft. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, and Grandmaster Caz), Dance Off (ft. Idris Elba and Anderson .Paak), and Next Year (ft. Windser).
Ryan Scott Lewis
Spokane, Washington, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Ryan completed his high school education at Ferris High School in Spokane, Washington.
He went to complete his graduation from Roosevelt High School in Seattle and finally achieved his major in Comparative History of Ideas from the University of Washington.
DJ, musician, record producer, videographer, photographer, graphic designer, music video director, rapper, songwriter
- Father – Scott Lewis
- Mother – Julie Lewis
- Siblings – Teresa (Older Sister), Laura (Older Sister)
- Others – Edwin Leslie Lewis (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Jane Crain (Paternal Grandmother)
Ryan Lewis can be contacted and reached at Macklemore LLC (Company), Seattle, United States.
They are signed with The Agency Group of United Talent Agency.
- Alternative hip hop
- Indie hip hop
Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards, Programming, Turntables
Macklemore LLC, Bendo, Columbia Records, Elektra Records, ADA
His net worth had been $22 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Lewis has dated –
- Jackie Ganger – The couple met in high school when they were 15 years old. After years of knowing each other and dating, Ryan finally popped the question on December 21, 2015, which was announced by Jackie on her Instagram in January 2016. The couple got hitched on July 1, 2017. They were blessed with their first child, a daughter named Ramona Rae Lewis, on June 12, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Ryan primarily has English and German ancestry along with traces of Swedish, Irish, Welsh, remote Dutch, French, and Belgian Flemish roots.
Ryan has appeared along with his partner Macklemore in the commercials for Dr. Pepper.
His song with Macklemore – “My Oh My” was used in Dick’s Sporting Goods commercial.
Best Known For
Producing two singles called “Thrift Shop,” and “Can’t Hold Us” in collaboration with Macklemore.
Ryan’s first studio album was Symmetry and Ryan Lewis which he released along with Symmetry in May 2008.
With Macklemore, Ryan released the duo’s debut studio album The Heist in October 2012. It debuted at number #2 on Billboard 200 chart and was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Also, it won the Grammy Award for “Best Rap Album” as well as earned Macklemore and Ryan Lewis the award for “Best New Artist”.
First TV Show
Ryan was seen in an episode of the musical series RapFix Live as himself in 2012.
Ryan believes in eating and remaining healthy. He grew up eating home-cooked meals, and his mother made it a point to feed him vegetables. Although he loves McDonald’s and pizzas, he tries to strike a balance between the two.
He went on the Paleo Diet in 2015.
When he is on a tour, he prefers having juices and smoothies after he wakes up and avoids carbs. He prefers having wholemeal food, however, admits that it is difficult to find good food on the road.
His choice of meal is steak, eggs, kale salad, and a paleo treat.
Ryan Lewis Favorite Things
- Food – Italian, Clam chowder in a bread bowl
Source – Seattle Refined
Ryan Lewis Facts
- He always had a passion for music and started playing the guitar at the young age of 15.
- When Ryan was 6, his family discovered that his mother had HIV.
- Macklemore bumped into Ryan on MySpace and the two became friends in 2006. Macklemore was even the best man at Ryan’s wedding.
- Every year, Ryan and Macklemore had thrown a pizza party for their fans. Fans could win party tickets by winning a contest.
- The duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis released its 2nd studio album This Unruly Mess I’ve Made on February 26, 2016, and it peaked at number #1 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart and at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- The duo announced that they would mutually be taking an open-ended hiatus from their 9-year musical partnership in 2017. Macklemore had announced the same on his Instagram in June 2017.
- He partnered with “Naked Juices” in 2016 in order to raise funds for communities that were deprived of wholesome food.
Featured Image by Matthewjs007 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0